Some Windows users encounter Printer error 0x00000bbb, Operation could not be completed on their Windows computer while creating a print job using an installed printer. This issue is especially aggravating if you need to print something quickly. It seems that this issue occurs when Windows cannot recognize certain printers. In this tutorial, we will learn how to resolve this issue.
Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000bbb), Unable to create a print job.
Fix Printer error 0x00000bbb on Windows PC
This issue may occur due to several reasons. Some common causes of this error are outdated printer drivers, incompatible printer settings, damaged system files, or if your PC is trying to use the WSD port. Moreover, incorrect printer configurations in the Print Settings menu may also create an issue. Since there are various reasons, we recommend you start executing solutions in a systematic order. However, before making any move, it is important to check your computer for updates sometimes, just the act of updating can resolve the issue. If updating is to no avail, in order to resolve Printer error 0x00000bbb, execute the following solutions one by one.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter
- Update the Printer Driver
- Restart the Print Spooler Services
- Add a New Port
- Reinstall your Printer
Let’s get started.
1] Run the Printer Troubleshooter
If you are having a problem related to your Printer on your Windows computer, to overcome this problem, you should run the Printer troubleshooter. Some users say that their problem has been resolved just by running the Printer troubleshooter, which is understandable as Printer Troubleshooter will scan, identify the cause, and repair it.
Follow the prescribed steps to run the printer troubleshooter on your Windows 11 computer.
- Press the Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the System and click on Troubleshooter.
- Click on the Other troubleshooter option.
- Now, locate the Printer troubleshooter and press the Run button next to it.
If you are on Windows 10 computer, follow these steps.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.
- Select Print troubleshooter and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
Once the troubleshooter completes the scanning process then it asks you to Apply this Fix. Hopefully, running the Printer troubleshooter has resolved your error.
2] Update the Printer Driver
This issue can also occur if you are having outdated Printer driver on your computer. Make sure you have the latest version of the Printer’s driver installed on your computer. If you don’t have the latest version of the driver then you should update the Printer driver to fix the said error. So, go ahead and update Printer Drivers on your Windows computer. After Updating the Printer Driver, your issue will be resolved.
3] Restart the Print Spooler Services
Print Spooler is a service that manages the printing job. In case, you are facing some errors, the best practice is to restart the service as it will remove all the glitches. It is quite easy, all you have to do is access the Service Manager on your Windows computer. Here is how to restart the Print Spooler service:
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the run dialog box and press Enter button.
- Right-click on Print Spooler service in the Services section.
- Choose Properties there and click on the Stop button.
Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Again right-click on Print Spooler and select Properties.
- Select Automatic from the Startup type dropdown and click on the Start button.
Hopefully, running the Printer Spooler has solved the said error
4] Add a new Port
Web Services for Device Port is a logical port that uses IP to connect to external devices such as Printers. However, they should not be used in this situation, and guess what, Windows is trying to use that port for managing your printer. In that case, all you have to do is add a new port and add the IP address of your printer. Follow the prescribed steps to do the same.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Bluetooth & devices.
- Select Printers & scanners.
- Scroll down and select Printer server properties or Print properties.
- Go to the Port tab and click on Add Port.
- Double-click on Standard TCP/IP.
- Click on Next and add the IP addresses of your Printer.
- After setting up your printer, open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Execute the following commands one after the other.
cacls.exe PRINTERS /E /G administrator:C
After executing these commands, check if the issue is resolved.
5] Reinstall your Printer
If you have implemented all methods to resolve the said error but still you are in the same place then uninstall the Printer driver from the computer. First, disconnect your Printer from the Settings, then uninstall the driver,
Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Windows + I key to open the Settings option.
- Click on Bluetooth & devices option.
- On the right side of the screen click on Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Printer to open its properties.
- Now click on the Remove button and select Yes.
After you have finished the steps, you can delete the driver from Windows 11.
- Press the Windows key and type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter.
- Look for the Print queues section, expand it, and right-click on the faulty printer.
- Select Uninstall device.
- Click on Uninstall when prompted
- Disconnect your printer from the device and restart the computer.
- When the system reboots, connect your printer once again.
This way, Windows will automatically detect that a Printer is added and will install its driver. Finally, the said error will be resolved.
Hopefully, you could resolve the issue using the solutions mentioned in this post.
How can I solve error 0x0000011b?
You can solve Operation failed error 0x0000011b, using the solutions mentioned in the linked article. Meanwhile, you can try a workaround to create a new key called RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled and set its value to 0. To know more about it, check out the guide aforelinked.