When I started searching for free software to modify my PDF documents, I came across a number of them. You will find reviews on several PDF editors and PDF mergers here on TWC. Many a times we need to make some changes our PDF (Portable Document Format) files. For instance, we may need to make duplicate pages in a PDF file or to split the PDF documents. A popular document like Word or Excel is easily editableand modification can be done quickly, but the same thing is not applicable to the PDF files. You can perform such edits with PDFTK Builder.
Rearrange, merge, modify & split PDF files & documents
PDFTK Builder is Windows freeware to rearrange, merge, modify, collate, reorder, duplicate, password-protect, stamp & split PDF files & documents. Some of the features of PDFTK Builder are as follows:
- It allows you to rearrange or merge pages from multiple PDF document to a single document.
- Each page of a PDF document can be separated
- Ability to move pages from one document to another
- It allows you to add a background to each page
- It also allows you to rearrange, delete and rotate a range of pages in a document
- The PDF document can be password protected by providing user name and password.
How to use PDFTK Builder software to modify and split PDF
Merge PDF files together:
PDFTK Builder allows you to merge your PDF files.
1. Open the PDFTK Builder application then click on collate menu at the top of the screen.
3. After merging the two files, click save as and give your PDF file a name. Click save and check the result.
Split the PDF file:
PDFTK Builder works excellently if you want to split the PDF file. Following are the steps that need to be performed:
1. Select the ‘Split’ button that is there on top of the window.
2. As soon as you click onsplit button, a split operation related options will appear. Select the PDF file by clicking on ‘Source PDF File’.
3. Finally click on the ‘Save’ button to end the operation
Similarly other operations like Background/Stamp and Rotate can be performed with the help of PDFTK Builder. Other than the above functions you can also provide a password to your document, which will help to provide security to your document. There are two types of password which you can give. The first one is the ‘Owner’ password which restricts the action that can be performed on the document by that user and the other one is ‘User’ password which restrict everyone without Owner or User password to open the document. By this you can protect your document from invalid access and operation.
PDFTK Builder free download
PDFTK Builder for Windows, is available as a freeware and you can click here to visit its home page. It is portable software which means you can carry or move this to your tablet or portable hard drive and use it anytime and anywhere.