Panda Dome Free Antivirus is now available as a free download for Windows 11/10/8/7 users. Apart from introducing scheduled scanning and Automatic USB Vaccine features and anti-exploit protection, the Panda Free Antivirus, earlier called Panda Cloud Antivirus, comes with the powerful XMT Smart Engineering Scan Engine.
The removal of the ‘cloud’ word has it’s a very obvious reason, as mentioned by the company. When Panda was first released, it was the only antivirus solution in the market that used cloud technology to keep you secure, but as time passed, nowadays, most antivirus software are using their cloud engines for detecting viruses, and that is the reason the company has decided to take the cloud word off the Title. Not just has the name changed, but many features have been updated too, and now you may see new features with some old ones.
Panda Free Antivirus for Windows 11/10
The evolution of Panda antivirus has led to the creation of their powerful and XMT Smart Engineering Scan, which, the company claims, is one of the best virus detection engines. XMT engine has been made available in all Panda consumer products from this update.
This free antivirus software also comes with an Anti-exploit tool.
USB Drive Vaccine is one of the features that have been added in this update. USB vaccine scans the removable drive and vaccinates it from harmful threads; the feature is very useful indeed. You can even activate automatic USB vaccination if you want that the removable drive to get automatically vaccinated when plugged in.
After this update you can even create scheduled scans so that your PC is automatically scanned in a definite interval, this feature has made it easier for its users to scan their computers automatically. You can add a Daily, Weekly or Monthly scan; you can choose the timings and the scan areas. It is recommended to go for a Daily Critical Areas scan and a Weekly Full Computer Scan. You can even add exclusions and change some advanced settings. Another anti-exploit technology has been added to keep your PC protected from spreading a virus and known threads.
Features in brief:
- Antivirus Protection: Real-time protection against all types of malware and spyware. Schedule periodic scans and/or scan your computer on demand.
- Multimedia/Game mode: This mode ensures you play or watch multimedia content without disturbance from your antivirus while remaining completely secure.
- USB protection: Protect your PC by preventing the automatic execution of malware from USB drives. Scan all USB drives upon insertion.
- Panda rescue kit: Free PC recovery system. Run an advanced scan of your PC or create a rescue USB drive to boot and clean those infected computers that won’t even start.
- Free VPN: Limited 150MB/day. Browse anonymously from a single virtual location
- Dark Web Scanner: email checker to find out if your email or passwords have been leaked on the Dark Web
The update is a very useful one. From changing the name to changing the features, the update represents the evolution of Panda Antivirus. The UI is somewhat similar to that of previous versions; it resembles the Windows start screen. The UI is nice and easy to operate. The antivirus doesn’t require any configuration but just your email account as a part of registration, it starts protecting your PC from the instance you install it.