Sometimes while adding a new user to the Microsoft Office 365 installation, you may face an issue where OneDrive isn’t working for that user. When you check the OneDrive settings for this user, it displays an error saying OneDrive is not provisioned for this user. Sometimes, the users are redirected to the Delve user profile page after they click OneDrive on the Office 365 app launcher.
If you are facing such issues, read further to know how to fix those.
OneDrive is not provisioned for this user
First of all, assign the SharePoint Online license to the affected user in the Office 365 admin center. Follow the next steps to assign a SharePoint Online license.
- Go to Office 365 admin center
- Select Users
- Go to Active Users
- Now check the user’s name in the list of Active users.
- Now in the Product licenses section, click Edit.
After that, you can proceed to the steps that resolve the issue of redirection to the Delve user profile page.
How to solve the issue of redirection to Delve user profile page
Follow the steps to grant the affected user the right to create his or her My Sites site in the SharePoint Admin Center. This is because the OneDrive for Business page is created on My Sites.
- In the SharePoint admin center, click user profiles.
- In the People section, click Manage User Permissions.
- Add users who require permissions to create their My Sites By default, this setting is set to Everyone except external users.
- After you have added the user, users, or group, make sure that the added user, users, or group are selected, scroll to the Permissions section, and then select the checkbox next to Create Personal Site (required for personal storage, newsfeed, and followed content).
- Click OK, and then have the user browse to the OneDrive page to create the site.
After that, ask the user to go to the Office 365 portal and click OneDrive in the App Launcher. Check if the user can use OneDrive for business.
If the OneDrive icon still showing to be setting up in the App Launcher, it is advisable to wait for 24 hours. After that, try accessing OneDrive again.
How do I provision OneDrive in Office 365?
If you want to provision OneDrive in Microsoft Office 365, you can create a list of desired users first. Then, you can download the SharePoint Online Management Shell and connect it as a global admin. After that, run these commands:
$users = Get-Content -path "C:\user-list.txt"
Request-SPOPersonalSite -UserEmails $users
How do I provision OneDrive for one user?
To provision OneDrive for one user, you can open the Microsoft 365 Admin Center and select the Users option first. Then, go to the Active Users menu and find the user you want to provision OneDrive for. Next, find the product licenses section and click the Edit button. From here, you will be able to allow the user to use OneDrive.
This procedure should resolve the issue of OneDrive is not provisioned for this user.