If you plan to deploy Windows 8 or have already done so, it is imperative that you keep security levels high and ensure that all your desktops are secured. In such cases, you may want to know how many the desktops have their Firewalls turned on of off, have an antivirus software installed or not. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit can help you get answers to all such security questions.
It can securely assess IT environments for various platform migrations, including Windows 8, Windows 7, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 365, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, Hyper-V, Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track, and Windows Azure.
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) will give you quick answers. Its Security Center assessment feature auto-generates a security assessment report on your existing desktops as part of the Windows Hardware Assessment migration report.
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit makes it easy to assess your current IT infrastructure for a variety of technology migration projects. This Solution Accelerator provides a powerful inventory, assessment, and reporting tool to simplify the migration planning process.
The latest version of MAP Toolkit can also help you to:
- Plan your deployment of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with hardware and infrastructure readiness assessments
- Assess your environment for Office 2013 and Office 365
- Ready your information platform for the cloud with SQL Server 2012
- Plan your migration to Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- Track Lync Enterprise/Plus usage
- Virtualize your existing Linux servers onto Hyper-V
- And more!
More details about the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit is available at the MAP website.
- Tags: Freeware