When it comes to image editing, Photoshop knocks the competition out. However, Photoshop is not affordable for a beginner artist. Well, if you are interested in illustrators, texture, matte painting, and more, here is a simple yet very powerful freesoftware for Windows called Krita. This freeware has been mainly developed for illustrators and texture artists, according to the developers. Krita has great features that make you replace other image editing tool as well.
Krita software for Illustrators & Texture Artists
Krita is a professional free and open source painting program made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone. As it is not intended for regular image editing, you might not get all the features of Photoshop. However, you would get some other useful features to do certain work. Let us take a look at some of its features:
Let us take a look at some of its features:
- Brush Stabilizers: If you are using any digital pen like LiveScribe or even the regular mouse to draw in this software, and you have a very shaky hand, this feature will let you stabilize the drawing.
- Palette: Color selection is always a hectic job for any painter. It becomes worse when you need to go through more than one options to choose a color. This problem gets solved her since you can choose any color from the right-click context menu while using this tool.
- Custom Brush: For a painter, using different brushes is important. You can customize inbuilt brushes according to your reuirements.
- Share your own work: If you want to share your own brush or any other tool with others, you can do so easily.
- Layer management: If you are familiar with Photoshop, you will know that Photoshop comes with layer support. Krita offers it as well.
- Drawing Assistant: Krita provides a simple Assistant Tool that comes with 9 different options to remove straight lines that you may have temporaril used, and create a better shape.
- Mirror any object: If you have created one-half of an object and want to create the other half, you can utilize the Mirroring tool.
- PSD file support: Although there are many ways to open PSD files without Photoshop, here is another tool that will let you open PSD files and edit them too.
There are more other tools included in this software. For instance, you will see Transformation tools, Color palette, HDR support, Layer masks, and so on.
If you are an artist, you definitely want to check it out. You can download it from krita.org. The Krita Windows App Store is paid, but the Desktop software version is completely free.