Many a times we find useful content on the Internet, but due to lack of time or a slow internet connection we are unable to read it immediately. If you face such issues, you can use freeware called HTTrack Website Copier to download the whole website and use it for offline reading.
Free website downloader software
HTTrack Website Copier is a website downloader that allows you to download a complete website on your PC. You can use the downloaded site and even edit it in the offline mode.This software downloads all directories files, images, fetching HTML and other important files. You not require any internet connection to access such website and it works exactly like the original ones.
Features of HTTrack Website Copier
- You can copy, edit and share the content of downloaded website.
- Easy installation process.
- You can update content of downloaded website with internet connection.
- You won’t find any difference between online browsing and offline browsing
How it works
- Download and install HTTrack website copier on PC or laptop from any official page such as Windows Store.
- Once installation is done, then launch the HTTrack Website Copier.
- In this software, every downloading operation is called a Project
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to start new project
Now you have to assign a name and category of the project. After this click on the ‘Next’ option to proceed.
- In the next window, you have to enter the web address of desired website that you want to download on your PC. If you want you can enter the name of that website or simply paste the URL of that website. Here you have to select form four options:
- If you select ‘Add URL’ option, then you have to provide your log-in for that website.
- If Web Address and URL list is selected; then you have to enter the name of URL in the provided text area. If you want to download multiple websites then you can use URL List option to enter URLS.
- The 4th option is ‘Preference and Image’. It asks users to provide number of downloaded bytes, required bandwidth to download, browser ID, and SCAN rule, download limits and other required information of webpage.
- Now proceed to next step. Now you have to provide connection parameters (it is also an optional step and you can skip it).
- After selecting your most suitable mode you can click on the ‘Save’ tab. Now click on the ‘Finish’ tab to start download process.
- Now a new download window will appear and if you want, you can cancel the downloading process anytime (as seen in image below).
- Once downloading is done, then you are free to access the downloaded website by clicking on ‘Browse Mirror Website’ (as shown in image below) tab.
To access the downloaded website anytime, you have to go to the folder of downloaded website and use index.html file to open and access the desired website.
HTTrack Website Copier download
HTTrack Website Copier is very useful tool for students and users who want to browse websites offline as they can access their online content without internet connection. By using this you can store complete web page or webpages on your PC’s hard drive. You can download it here.