Microsoft Teams is one of the best tools Microsoft has created in the last couple of years. It comes with a feature that makes it quite easy for users to check the hierarchy of their company based on data used by the Azure Active Directory for the company’s organization. Before you can do all of that, you must first set up the organization chart in Azure Active Directory, something we can help with.
How to set up an organization chart in Azure Active Directory
Before using the Microsoft Teams Organization Chart, we must first set up the Active Directory in Azure. This requires you to open the Azure Active Directory portal, then go to Properties, and finally, add a manager.
- Navigate to the Azure Active Directory portal
- Navigate to Edit Properties
- Add a manager
1] Navigate to the Azure Active Directory portal
- First, you must visit the official website and sign in using your Microsoft account.
- Open your web browser, then navigate directly to the Azure Active Directory portal.
- Sign in with your admin account.
- Open the menu from the left, then select Azure Active Directory.
2] Navigate to Edit Properties
The next step here is to find your way to the Edit Properties area. Let us explain how to get this done the easy way.
- Under the section that reads, Manage, please click on User.
- Choose a user from the list in a bid to edit their profile.
- From the top of the user profile, click on Edit Properties.
3] Add a manager
- Scroll down and look for Job Information.
- Fill out the relevant fields.
- Now, from the Manager field, please waste no time by clicking on Add Manager.
- Chose a user who is seen as the manager of a selected user.
Finally, click on the Save button, then if you want to include other users in the organization chart, you must repeat the above steps.
How to use your PC to view the Organization Chart
Once you’ve completed the task of setting up the Azure Active Directory, you will now be able to view the organization chart in Microsoft Teams without having to revert to Azure. Bear in mind that this feature is only available for one-on-one conversations with other Teams users.
Additionally, this will only work if all communicated accounts are part of the same organization and from the same Azure domain.
- Open the Microsoft Teams app or Teams on the web.
- Navigate to the Chat tab via the sidebar on the left.
- Choose a chart threat with the user you want to communicate within the Organization Chart.
- From the top-right section, please click on Organization.
- Right away you will come across a diagram that highlights who reports to the chosen user.
It will also explain who that user reports to along with their job information.
What is the organizational chart in Microsoft Teams?
The Organization tab in Microsoft Teams showcases the organization chart for your company. When you are having a one-on-one conversation with another user, it is possible to see who they report to and which other user reports to them. Also, searching for others to see where they appear in the chart is possible.
How do you present an organizational chart in a meeting?
If you ever feel the need to present an organization chart in a meeting, then you must draw a chart that reflects the design of the company’s structure. On the top, add the top management along with each team member listed below a manager. Ensure a line connects a team member to the manager he or she reports to.