AntelList is a one-stop shop for investors. It allows the candidate to create profiles, filter jobs, and then connect with the investors. You can list your company, and based on your report, investors will fund your startup. In this post, we will see how to use AngelList.
How to use AngelList to get funded
AngelList is an American startup created by Naval Ravikant and Babak Nivi. The main aim of creating this website is to give a platform to angel investors looking for lucrative business opportunities. If you are Investor, Fluid Manager, or Startup owner, you should use AngelList.
Let us now see how to create a profile and use AngelList using the following steps.
- First of all, open a browser of your choice and navigate to angellist.com.
- Now, click on Get Started.
- You will be asked to create your account and credentials.
- Once you are done creating your account, you will get the following options.
- Investor: If you are an investor and looking to get your money to work, use this option.
- Fund Managers: If you want to make a fund’s investment strategy and venture funds, use this option.
- Startups: If you are a startup owner and want to get funded, select this option.
- You can select any of the three options, follow the on-screen instructions and complete your profile.
Hopefully, now you know how to use AngelList.
How to apply on AngelList?
AngelList is solely for investment purposes. To apply to it, you need to visit their website, pick your purpose and then get on with it. However, if you are looking to get a job, you need to visit Wellfound.com. Wellfound is nothing but a branch of AngelList, where you can find jobs and hire folks to do your job.
How to post a job on AngelList?
It is pretty simple to post a job on AngelList and log in to your AngelList account. Then go to the Recruit tab. You will be redirected to the dashboard; here, click on Post Job from the right side of the panel. Finally, you must fill out the form, enter the details and post the job. You can always promote the job to increase its reachability.
How to get a job on AngelList?
In order to get a job, AngelList has another platform called Wellfound. You can navigate to wellfound.com and click on Find your next job. Now create your profile and start searching. The platform can also be used by employers. They, too, can create their account to start searching for employees that will be perfect for their organization.
How to find investors on AngelList?
To find good investors, you need to increase your reach. For that purpose, you need to focus on two things, create your page and promote it. This may sound obvious, but a lot of startups do create a good page but do not promote it as they should; however, on some occasions, we also found out that some pages are promoted and have reached the target audience but they don’t have quality content.
How to raise money on AngelList?
To raise money on AngelList, you need to keep a few things in mind; first of all, make your agenda clear and contact investors. We have the following tips for you to easily raise money on AngelList.
- Focus on your profile: You need to, first of all, get your point forward. Instead of beating around the bush, be straight to the point. Your work should be reflected in your profile.
- Use all the available markets: Next up, we recommend you use all four available markets. Do not create a new one; just use the available ones; otherwise, no investor will be able to reach you.
- Cover a substantial area: Many investors look for local startups to monitor them. That is why you should make sure to cover a substantial area so that they can reach you. Do keep in mind, do not go too wide.
- Add members and backers: To increase your reach, add your team members to your group; also, add your current backers.
- Fill the gap: You need to hire folks to cover and fill the gap in your organization. Make a list of the gaps and try to fill them as quickly as possible.
- Contact investors: Lastly, contact investors from not just AngelList, but from other platforms as well.
Hopefully, you can raise money to get your startup up and running. Once you have created your profile, do make sure to be consistent. You should be active all the time, connect to more people like you, talk to investors, and create and promote your page.
How to get funding on AngelList?
To get funding on AngelList, you need to take a few things into account. First of all, make sure that your profile is ready and appealing to investors. Once you have your profile done, create a perfect pitch, it should be written perfectly, do not beat around the bush. Your pitch should be precise, and all key points should be highlighted. Also, do not just pitch to any investor; use filters and search thoroughly before making a pitch.
How to invest in AngelList?
To make an investment, create an Investor account on AngelList. If you don’t know how to do the same, scroll up to find the guide. Once your account is ready, go to the Deals page from the dashboard and click on the Invest tab. Now, select the deal that you want to invest in, enter the amount, and click on the Invest button. Finally, follow the on-screen instruction to do the job.
How to start a syndicate on AngelList?
To start or set up a syndicate, you need to navigate to angellist.com, then click on Start. Once you are on the right page, you will be asked a few questions on Accredited Investor Status, Expected Dealflow, Fundraising Experience, Existing LP Network, and if you would like to run deals through AngelList India. Once you have answered their queries, you need to deal with a few other formalities and then you are good to go.
How to delete AngelList account?
You can not manually delete an AngelList account; instead, you have to send a mail to them. So, if you want to delete your account, send an email to [email protected] and request them to do the same. They will delete the account, and you will be good to go.
Hopefully, we have answered all your questions. Now you know how to invest or get funded on AngelList. Also, by now, you must have understood that Wellfound is another website of AngelList where you can get hired or hire candidates.