This post will show how to completely Uninstall Dell Backup and Recovery on Windows 11/10. Dell Backup and Recovery is a software application that comes pre-installed on most Dell devices. This application allows users to back up their data and restore it if required. Nevertheless, some users may not need the application or find it troublesome. It’s recommended to uninstall it in such cases to free up disk space and minimize resource usage.
How to uninstall Dell Backup and Recovery on Windows 11/10
Uninstalling Dell Backup and Recovery tool is a very straightforward process. Here is how you can do it:
- Click Start, search Control Panel, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Here, scroll down and search Dell Backup and Recovery.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
You can also uninstall the program via Windows Settings.
Doing so should uninstall the application. However, if it doesn’t, follow these suggestions:
- Using Task Manager
- Using Registry Editor
Let’s now see these in detail.
1] Using Task Manager
You can disable or terminate Dell Backup and Recovery in the Task Manager and then try uninstalling it again using the standard method. Here’s how:
- Click Start, search Task Manager and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the Startup Apps tab and search for Dell Backup and Recovery.
- Right-click on it and select Disable. and restart your PC.
- Close the Task Manager and try uninstalling again.
Alternatively, if you see Dell Backup and Recovery processes in the Task Manager, terminate them and then uninstall the software.
Read: Free backup software for Windows Server.
2] Using Registry Editor
Next, try deleting related folders or keys in the Registry Editor. Here’s how:
- Press Windows + R, type regedit, and hit Enter.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
- Delete the folder or key related to the Dell Backup and Recovery tool in the Uninstall folder. backup and recovery tool
- Close the Registry Editor, restart your computer, and see if the application is uninstalled.
Read: Best professional Backup and Data recovery software for Windows
I hope this helps.
Is Dell Backup and Recovery necessary?
Dell Backup and Recovery is a software program that helps backup and restores data if a system fails. The application is required on Windows devices as it proves to be a useful tool. However, if you have other backup and recovery applications on your device, you may not need it.
Read: Free backup & recovery software for Windows.
Can I uninstall Dell Backup and Recovery Program?
Yes, you can uninstall the Dell backup and recovery Program easily. To do so, open the Control Panel on your device and navigate to Programs > Programs and Features. Here, search for the program, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.