Widgets on Windows became massively common after Windows 11 rolled out. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Widgets are small programs or windows on your PC that display information on your screen based on your selective taste and interest. Today, we will be looking at how you can sign in or sign out of your Widget Boards in Windows 11.
Your Widgets appear on the Widget board and based on your interests, these app badges help you keep up with news from around the world, a thing for which people previously used different apps or devices. Connectivity with the Widgets Board is established by signing into it with your Microsoft account, your work account, or a school account.
Since it isn’t currently possible to switch between different accounts on a Widgets Board, it is advisable to sign out and in using different accounts. This is what we’ll be going through today.
Sign in or out of the Widgets Board in Windows 11
While signing out of the Widgets Board is a pretty straightforward process, signing into it using your Microsoft account can be a little time taking. We will look at the latter first.
How to sign in to the Widgets Board in Windows 11?
- Press the Windows + ‘W’ key combination to open the Widgets dashboard
- Hover over the top-right corner of the screen and click on your profile icon badge
- If you aren’t signed into it, you’ll see one of two screens; one that asks you to log in with an account previously saved, as shown in the picture below, or an answer that simply says ‘Sign in’. If it says sign in, follow the steps below
- Type in the address of your Microsoft account and click on Next
- Type in the password of your account and proceed by clicking on Sign in
- Typically, users have the two-step verification process activated on their Microsoft account, and if you do too, then you’ll have to verify your activity
Enter the code and select if you want your Microsoft account to say logged in everywhere or just for Microsoft apps. Doing so should help you get into the Widgets Board panel where you can customize them to suit your preferences. Now, let’s look at how you can log out of it so that it can be used from an alternate account.
How to sign out of the Widgets Board in Windows 11?
Now, onto the counterpart, where we look at how you can sign out of the Widgets Board. Just follow the steps as detailed below:
- Press the Windows + ‘W’ key combination to open Widgets
- Move to the top-right corner and click on the Widgets settings that appear in the form of your Microsoft Profile icon
- At the center of the screen, you’ll see an option to sign out. Click on it and you’re done.
Windows 11 Widgets can’t sign in
If you experience issues with your Widgets not working properly, where you can’t sign into them, then there may be an issue with your graphics driver. In such a case, a suggestion is to disable or re-enable the relevant drivers on your PC.
How do I remove news from widgets in Windows 11?
Several users have asked how they can get rid of the news section from the Widgets Board on Windows 11. Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove the news section, but what you can do is hide the news from certain sources or unfollow interests that aren’t needed anymore. Another solution to this problem is to disable the Widgets feature altogether on your PC.
This was our guide to signing in and out of the Widgets Board in Windows 11. We hope that you found it helpful.