If you are seeing blank widgets or Widgets are not loading on Windows 11, here are some solutions that will help you fix the issue. The new Widgets show various things without opening any browser, and if it is not working properly, you might get some issues.
Windows 11 Widgets not working or loading
If the Widgets are not working or loading, or are blank in Windows 11, then one of these suggestions is sure to fix the issue for you:
- Re-enable Widgets on Taskbar
- Log in to your Microsoft account
- Set Edge as the default browser
- Enable Widgets using Group Policy
- Remove EdgeDeflector
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
Windows 11 widgets not working
1] Re-enable Widgets on Taskbar
It is possible to enable, disable or hide the Widgets icon on Taskbar, allowing you to refresh the interface. If you are getting the blank Widgets or not loading issue, you can try disabling and re-enabling it via Windows Settings. For that, do the following:
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Personalization > Taskbar section.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the Taskbar and select the Taskbar settings option.
- Toggle the Widgets button once to disable or hide the Widgets icon from Taskbar.
- Toggle the same button again to re-enable Widgets on Taskbar.
Now check if you can find all the contents in the Widgets or not.
2] Log in to Microsoft account
Many people prefer to use a Local Account instead of a Microsoft account on Windows 11. If you are a Local Account user, there is a chance to get this error while opening the Widgets on your Windows 11 computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for a Microsoft account and check if it solves the issue or not. For that, do the following:
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Accounts > Your info.
- Click on the Sign in with a Microsoft account instead option.
- Enter your Microsoft account details to switch to the Microsoft account.
After that, check if it solves your issue or not.
3] Set Edge as default browser
The News and Interests on Windows 10 and Widgets on Windows 11 are internally integrated with the Microsoft Edge browser. If you have use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser as your default, you can try switching back to Edge to fix this issue. The following steps help you set Edge as the default browser on Windows 11:
- Press Win+I to open Windows 11 Settings.
- Go to Apps > Default apps and click on the current default browser.
- Click on .htm or .html and select Microsoft Edge browser.
- Do the same for other file formats as well.
Alternatively, you can open the Microsoft Edge browser and find the Set as default option. However, your browser may not display this message all the time, and that’s where the aforementioned steps come in handy.
Apart from that, you can go to Edge browser’s Settings > Default browser and click on the Make default button to get the same job done.
Related: Windows 11 Widgets panel not working.
4] Enable Widgets using Group Policy
It is possible to enable or disable Widgets using the Local Group Policy Editor. In case you disabled it mistakenly, you won’t be able to do anything with the Widgets. That is why you should follow the following steps to re-enable Widgets on Windows 11 using Group Policy:
- Press Win+R, type gpedit.msc and hit the Enter button.
- Go to Widgets in Computer Configuration.
- Double-click on the Allow widgets setting.
- Select the Not Configured option.
- Click on the OK button to save the change.
After that, you can check if you can find anything in the Widgets or not.
5] Remove EdgeDeflector
EdgeDeflector lets you open Widgets links in your default browser instead of Edge. If you have used it earlier, now is the time to remove it to check if EdgeDelfector is causing the issue or something else.
This post will help you if you cannot add or remove Widgets in Windows 11.
Hope one of these suggestions helped you fix the blank Widgets issue on Windows 11.