If you want to share your screen in Microsoft Teams, here is how you can do that. You can share your desktop with all the other members to show others what you are trying to define. For your information, this guide is mainly for Windows PC users.
Before getting started, make sure that you have already joined a Teams meeting. Next, you can follow this guide to start sharing your screen.
How to share your Screen in Microsoft Teams
To share your screen in Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Click on the Share icon.
- Select the Desktop option.
- Choose the Window option to share a specific app only.
- Select the PowerPoint option to show your PPT.
- Click the Stop presenting button to stop.
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
You need to ensure that you have joined a meeting on Teams. If so, you can find a share icon. Depending on the app’s version, you can find this option in the toolbar. For example, some old versions of Microsoft Teams display this option at the top of the screen, whereas some newer versions show this icon at the bottom of the screen.
Next, you can find four different options:
- Desktop: It shares the entire screen with all the members who have joined the meeting.
- Window: Sometimes, you might need to share a specific app, e.g., Word, Google Chrome, etc. If so, you can use this option.
- PowerPoint: If you want to show a PowerPoint presentation, you can choose this option.
- Browse: If you want to share a file such as an image, PDF, etc., you can click on the Browse option.
Once you choose the respective option, you can find the further step accordingly. However, if you want to share the entire desktop, you must choose the Desktop option. In that case, there is no need to do anything else.
If your screen sharing is done, and you want to stop sharing your screen, you can click on the Stop presenting option.
How to show your screen during a Teams meeting?
If you want to show your screen during a Teams meeting, you need to go through the steps mentioned above. In other words, you need to join a Teams meeting first. Then, you can find the Share icon visible in the toolbar. Next, you need to choose the Desktop option. Once done, Teams will start broadcasting your screen to others. To stop screen sharing, click on the Stop presenting button.
How to share your screen in a chat in Teams?
To share your screen in a chat in Teams, you can use the Share option. For your information, this option is visible to you only when you have joined a meeting. Next, you can click on the Desktop option to share the entire screen. However, if you want to share a specific app’s window, you can use the Window option. On the other hand, you can also use the PowerPoint option to present a PPT and the Browse option to share almost anything with others.
That’s all! I hope this guide helped you.