If you use the Windows 11/10 Start Menu to keep frequently used apps in one place, here is a neat trick for you. You can choose to launch or open multiple apps from the Start Menu in Windows 11/10. We also show you how to open multiple instances of an app.
Open multiple apps from Start Menu in Windows 11/10
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows Key
- Keeping the Windows key pressed, click on the different apps you want to open simultaneously.
- Once done, release the Windows key and start using the apps.
Like you can see in the above images, I used the Windows Key to launch multiple apps, and they are all in the background.
It works like a charm. Though, I noticed that the apps from Windows Store launch much faster compared to the classic programs on Windows 10.
Open multiple instances of a single app
If you want to open multiple instances of a single Microsoft Store app or program, you can use the same Windows key and keep clicking on the same app. If the app supports multiple instances, you should see the increasing count in the taskbar. You can use the Cntrl or Shift key and click.
You could also press the mouse middle button on a taskbar or desktop item, multiple times to open multiple instances of the app.
- How to open multiple instances of Registry
- How to open second or multiple instances of the same program
- How to open multiple instances of Microsoft Teams
- How to launch multiple programs with one shortcut.
Hope you like this small but useful tip.