Over the years, Sony has been making great strides to bring PlayStation support to the Windows platform. At the moment, folks can play some of the best PlayStation-exclusive video games from a Windows 11 computer, but not only, but it is also possible to join a PlayStation party chat directly from your PC.
When it comes down to joining a party chat on PC, you will need to own a PlayStation 5 or PlayStation t. You will also require the services of the PlayStation Remote Play app since it is important for getting things moving in the right direction.
Remote Play is great because it makes it possible for gamers to play their favorite PlayStation games from another device. For example, the PlayStation 5 system is located in the living room, but you are playing games from within the bedroom directly from a Windows computer.
It is possible to join a PS5 party chat via a Windows computer, but you’ll need the services of the Remote Play app, and most importantly, a PlayStation 5 console.
How to join the PlayStation party chat
If you want to learn how to join a PlayStation party chat on Windows 11, then follow the steps laid out here:
- Install the PlayStation Remote Play app
- Connect the PS Remote Play app with your PlayStation 5
- Begin a Remote Play session on Windows 11
- Join a PS party chat on Windows
1] Install the PlayStation Remote Play app
The first thing you must do here is to download and install the PS Remote Play app on your Windows computer. Let us explain how to get this done in the easiest way possible.
- Visit the official Remote Play website.
- Download the file directly to your computer.
- From there, proceed with the installation.
Bear in mind that this app is protected by both copyright and international treaties, so if you have any illegal intentions, you may want to think twice.
2] Connect the PS Remote Play app with your PlayStation 5
The next step to take here is to activate Remote Play from the PlayStation console. The feature must be enabled here first before attempting to have the console and the computer speak with each other.
- Navigate to the Home Screen of your PlayStation 5.
- You are now required to select the Settings icon located at the top of the Home Screen.
- Next, you must select System from the menu.
- From the System menu, please select Remote Play, then ensure Enable Remote Play is turned on.
- Return to the Settings area and choose Users and Accounts.
- Next, you are required to select Other.
- From there, please navigate to Console Sharing and Offline Play.
- Choose the Enable option here.
- Return to the Settings area, then go to System > Power Saving.
- You should now move along to Features Available in Reset Mode.
- Move to the next step by activating Stay Connected to the Internet.
- Next, please select Enable Turning on PS5 from Network via the settings.
OK, so the app should now be connected, therefore, time to move on to the other steps.
3] Begin a Remote Play session on Windows 11
Now, with the PS Remote Play app up and running on your PlayStation 5, and installed on your Windows 11 computer, then it is now time to initiate a session. So, let us explain how to get this done in the fastest way possible.
First, you must open the PS Remote Play app on your Windows PC.
Click the Sign in to PSN button.
Sign in with your official PSN account.
Ensure to limit what you share with Sony because the app collects a multitude of data.
Once you’ve signed in, you must choose the console you want to connect with.
Sit back and wait for the PS Remote Play app to search for your PlayStation 5.
It will connect in a moment.
4] Join a PS party chat on Windows
Once the connection is made, you will see the PlayStation user interface from within the PS Remote Play app via your computer. Connect your DualSense or DualShock controller to interact with the user interface.
- Ensure the Microphone icon is not muted.
- Do this by moving the cursor over the PS Remote Play app.
- On your controller, press the PlayStation button.
- This will open up the Quick Menu.
- Choose the Mic icon, and then set the mic to Remote Play Device.
- Next, you must navigate to Game Base > Parties.
From here, choose a party to join, or you can choose Stary Party in order to create a new party chat.
That’s it, you’re done. You can now communicate with your friends directly from your Windows 11 computer.
READ: Xbox Game Pass vs PlayStation Plus: Which is better?
Do you need PS Plus for party chat?
No, it is not required to have a PS Plus account in order to take advantage of the party chat feature. However, if you want to party chat and play multiplayer games at the same time, then a subscription is required.