Here is a guide on how to fix error codes 011 and 016 on Roku. Roku is a popular streaming service to stream entertainment content and to watch your favorite movies, web series, TV shows, and other videos. While most of the time it provides an error-free experience, users have also encountered some errors on Roku. Two of these errors include error codes 011 and 016. What are these Roku errors and how you can fix them up? To find that out, keep following this guide as we have discussed these two error codes in detail. Let’s check out!
What is Roku Error 011
The error code 011 is another Roku error code that some users have experienced. It is mainly triggered during the initial setup process when Roku downloads and installs the latest software automatically. This error throws up the “Unable to update software” error message along with the error code 011. Now, this basically means that your Roku device fails to connect to the Roku Software Update Server and thus is unable to install the software updates for you.
Now, if you are also facing the same issue, this post is your stop. Here, we are going to share some useful methods that you can try to fix the Roku error code 011. Let us get straight to the solutions now.
How to Fix Roku Error Code 011
Here are the methods that you can try to fix the error code 011 on Roku:
- Wait for some time and try again.
- Make sure you are connected to a stable internet connection.
- Contact Roku Support Team.
Now, let us elaborate on the above methods.
1] Wait for some time and try again
If you are unable to install software updates on your Roku device and getting the error code 011, most probably there might be some temporary server issue. In that case, you can wait for some time and try download software updates after a few minutes. meanwhile, do make sure that there is no service outage or other server problems at Roku’s end.
In case you repeatedly tried to update software and still getting the same error, move to the next fix.
2] Make sure you are connected to a stable internet connection
You also need to make sure that you are connected to an active and stable internet connection to download software updates. In case the Roku device had detected that you are no longer connected to the internet, it will throw an error message and ask you to reconnect to your home network. Do that and check if you are able to download and install software updates without error code 011.
3] Contact Roku Support Team
If nothing works, you can try contacting the support team of Roku. They will help you troubleshoot this error code and get it fixed for you. If there are some server problems, they will alert and inform you of the same. If indeed the server is down, there is nothing much you can do about it. Wait for the Roku services to be online again and then retry installing software updates without this error code.
What is Error 016 on my Roku?
Another Roku error code that we are going to discuss in this article is the error code 016. This error code triggers up while streaming a particular streaming service or video on Roku. It basically signifies that there is a connection issue between your Roku device and Roku servers. This error prompts the following error message followed by the error code 016:
Not connected to the Internet
Your Roku player is currently not connected to the internet.
Now, if you are facing this particular error on Roku, here are some of the fixes that you can check out. But, before that, let us try to understand what exactly causes this error.
What are the reasons for error code 016 on Roku?
The primary reasons for error code 016 on Roku are:
- The most common reason for this error is internet connection issues. If you are not connected to a stable internet or there are connection/ disconnection issues, you might run down into the error. Also, make sure you have high-speed internet to stream quality content.
- Another reason for this error can be the DNS cache issue. You might experience this error code on Roku in case there is an old and corrupt DNS cache bulked up on your router.
- If you are encountering this error on a certain channel, there might also be channel support issues causing this error.
Now that you know the scenarios triggering the error code 016 on Roku, let us discuss the fixes to resolve it.
How to Fix Roku Error Code 016?
These are the main solutions to fix the error code 016 on Roku:
- Check your internet connection.
- Perform a Power Cycle on your Router.
- Set up a New Connection.
- Contact Roku Support.
Let us now elaborate on the above fixes.
1] Check your internet connection
First and foremost, check whether you are connected to a proper internet connection or not. Also, make sure the bandwidth of your internet is good enough to stream content on Roku. If not, you can try upgrading your internet plan or switch to a high-speed network.
2] Perform a Power Cycle on your Router
If corrupted DNS cache on your router is what causing this error on Roku, you can perform a power cycle on your networking device. This will clear up the older cache and help you fix the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow for performing a power cycle on your router:
- First, shut down your Roku device and TV.
- Then, unplug your router, TV, and Roku device one by one.
- After that, wait for at least 20 seconds and let all the devices switch off completely.
- Now, plug in each device one by one and restart them.
- Finally, check whether you are able to stream videos on Roku without error code 016.
If this doesn’t help, you can try the next method to fix this error up.
3] Set up a New Connection
You can also try configuring a new internet connection in case the SSID or the password for your internet connection is not registered correctly. This might help you fix the issue. To do that, here are the steps to follow:
- First, tap on the Home button on your remote and choose the Network option.
- Now, click on the Setup New Connection option.
- Next, press the Wireless button.
- Then, highlight your active internet connection and enter the login credential i.e., the password for it.
- Let the connection establish properly and when done, see if the error is resolved or not.
4] Contact Roku Support
Well, if nothing works for you, this is the last resort that you can try. Simply contact the Roku support team and hopefully, they will assist you and help you troubleshoot this error.
What is error code 003 on Roku?
The error code 003 on Roku occurs when you are trying to update Roku applications. This error can be fixed by switching to TKIP or using a wired network. We have discussed this Roku error code 003 in detail.