The Draw with Touch feature is not available on your Word Draw tab by default; it must be enabled. The Draw with Touch feature allows Microsoft Office users to draw sketches with their fingers or use a stylus; it only can be used on a touch screen laptop. Users can use the Draw with Touch features to draw sketches without having to use the mouse, which can be sometimes difficult to make a sketch. In this tutorial, we will explain how to enable the Draw with Touch feature in Word.
How to enable the Draw with Touch feature in Word
Follow the steps to enable the Draw with Touch feature in Word:
- Click File.
- Click Options on the backstage view.
- Select Customize Ribbon.
- Click the New Group button.
- In the Choose command from list, select All Commands and scroll down to the Draw with Touch feature.
- Click Add, then click OK.
Click the File tab, then click Options on the backstage view.
An Excel Options dialog box will open.
Click Customize Ribbon on the left pane.
Choose the tab on the right where you want to place the Draw with Touch feature. In this tutorial, we selected the Draw tab.
Then click the New Group button, and a custom group will be added.
On the left in the Choose command from list, select All Commands, then search for the Draw with Touch feature.
Then click the Add button, and it will appear in the custom group.
Then click OK.
You will see the Draw with Touch feature on the tab you have selected as its location.
Now select the Draw with Touch feature and draw a sketch with your fingers. The Draw with Touch feature only works with a touchscreen device.
Where is the drawing toolbar in Word?
In Microsoft Word 365, the draw tab is located on the ribbon of your Word interface. The Draw tab in Microsoft Word consists of features such as pens, pencil, lasso select, highlighter, action pen, ink to shape, ink to math, drawing canvas, and ink replay.
How do I fix Draw with Touch not working in Word?
If the Draw tab is greyed out and you cannot click on it, we suggest you select the View tab in the Word ribbon and choose Print Layout. Now try and see if it works. If you think Word may have got corrupted, you might want to consider repairing your Office installation.
How do I turn on draw in Word 2007?
Follow the steps below to access the drawing tools in Word 2007.
- Click the Review tab.
- Then click the Start Inking button; now you will see the drawing tools that are available.
How do I Draw in Word 2016?
- Follow the steps on how to draw in Word 2016 below:
- Click the File tab, then click Options on the backstage view.
- An Excel Options dialog box will open.
- Click Customize Ribbon on the left pane.
- In the Choose command from list, select Tool tabs, then select Pen under the section Ink Touch.
- Then click the Add button, then OK.
- Now we have a Pen tab with drawing tools such as Pen, Highlighter, Eraser, Select Objects, and ink to Math.
What is drawing canvas in MS Word?
A Drawing Canvas is an object that users can use to draw graphics; it creates space to draw. Follow the steps below to use the Drawing Canvas in Microsoft Word:
- Click the Draw tab.
- Then click Drawing Canvas in the Insert group.
- An Object like a box will appear in the document; you can draw on it.
We hope you understand how to enable the Draw with Touch feature in Word.