Microsoft keeps updating its Office products to present a better experience for its customers. Of the many new features it has introduced, one is to transform a Microsoft Word document into a webpage. While this feature existed earlier as well, the new method is way easier.
Convert and display Word document file in HTML web page template
You can convert and display a Word document file in an HTML web page template using one of the following methods.
1] How to transform a Word document to a webpage using Transform option
- Once you have created your document, click on File on the top.
- In the File menu, select Transform.
- Immediately, a side window opens with the name transformed to the webpage.
- From the available Style templates, choose your favorite one.
- Now, click on Transform. If you are logged in to MS Office using your Microsoft account, it will use the same login. Else it will prompt for the same.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft Sway online page.
- You would have to log in on the browser as well if you are not already logged in there.
The webpage will appear. You can use it the way you please.
2] How to convert a Word document to HTML webpage using Save as option
You can also save your Microsoft Word document as an HTML webpage on your system. The procedure is as follows:
- Once you are done with creating the document, go to File.
- Now, select Save as.
- Click on Browse.
- Now in Save as type, choose Webpage and save the document to the appropriate location.
One major difference in these 2 methods of transforming an MS Word document into a webpage is that in the first case, you can choose the template and make appropriate modifications. Should you learn MS Sway, more customization is possible.
In the second case, which is also the more traditional method, you do not have the option of choosing the template. The document is saved as an HTML file.
Use of transforming a Microsoft Word document into a webpage
The best use of transforming a Microsoft Word document into a webpage is to be able to put your data in stored in the form of documents on your website. When you have a massive quantity of research, the best way to put it online is using the mentioned method.
How do I open the MS Word webpage?
When you save the MS Word document as a webpage, then it in saved with the extension .htm and the format is HTML. When you click on this HTML file, it will open with your default browser. The system need not be connected to the internet for the same.
However, if you need to add it to your website or use it practically, another system needs to be used. The new method to transform your document using Microsoft Sway is helpful.
What is Microsoft Sway?
Microsoft Sway is a software that converts text and videos to online presentations which in turn form web pages and could be used for creating websites.