We unknowingly subscribe to many websites and programs which makes our inboxes full of these unwanted emails, plus social media notifications and promotional emails. It is really important to clean up your inbox so that you don’t miss any of your important emails. Removing junk emails manually can be daunting and time taking, thus in today’s post, we will learn how to delete all emails on Yahoo. We will also be talking about how to remove emails from a selected category or a specific sender and much more.
How to delete multiple Emails on Yahoo Mail
An inbox full of junk and unwanted emails takes up a lot of space and if you don’t manage it, you may end up having low storage on your Yahoo Mail. Let’s see how you can manage it well without losing any of your important emails. If you have deleted any important emails by mistake, you can recover the deleted Yahoo emails from the Trash.
Delete multiple emails on Yahoo
- Open your inbox and select the first email you want to delete.
- Press the CTRL key on your computer and keep selecting the other emails you want to delete.
- When you are done with the selection, click on the Delete tab, and you are done.
Delete specific category emails on Yahoo
- If you want to delete any specific category emails on your Yahoo Mail account, you can do that in a very simple and quick way.
- Open your inbox and tick the small check box.
- This will select all the emails displayed on the first page of your inbox.
- Click on the small arrow beside the box and you can select a specific category.
- Select any of the Read/Unread/Starred or Unstarred emails from here and click on the Delete button.
Delete emails from a specific sender in Yahoo
- Go to your Inbox and type in the sender’s name in the search box.
- Hit Enter, and you will get all the emails sent by that particular sender.
- Select All from the small box and hit the Delete button.
Delete oldest emails on Yahoo
We usually read the emails and forget about them and if you go and check any of your inboxes, you will find some really old emails that are no longer needed. These emails are eating up your space. To delete all your old emails-
- Go to the Inbox and click on the Sort button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Date: Oldest on top.
- This setting will display all your old emails.
- Select them all and hit the Delete button.
Delete all emails in Yahoo
We normally won’t want to delete all our emails but if you want to, Yahoo Mail has a very quick and easy way for that. Before you use this method and delete all your emails, do not forget to double-check if you are deleting any important emails.
- Open your Yahoo Mail, log in, and go to the Inbox.
- Now click on the small checkbox right.
- This will select the emails displayed on page 1.
- From the dropdown menu, select All.
- Click on the Delete button and you are done.
Clean your Inbox in Yahoo
If you are not sure about deleting all your emails but still want your Inbox to be clean, you can use the tool, ‘Clean your inbox’
- Click on the tiny arrow beside the Inbox and select the option, Clean your inbox.
- This will achieve all your emails and your inbox will be empty.
- You can later check these emails from the archive folder and delete them.
- How to permanently delete your Yahoo account
- Stop Yahoo from scanning your email & displaying personalized ads
Can I delete all my unread Yahoo emails in one go?
Yes, you can. Under the Inbox, you will see a button saying Unread. Click on that button and it will display all your unread emails in one place. Click on the small checkbox and from the dropdown menu select All. Hit the Delete button and all your unread emails will be deleted.
Can we select all the emails in Yahoo?
Yes. Yahoo Mail has this feature wherein you can select all your emails. You can then mark them read/unread, archive or even delete them in one go. Click on the small checkbox and from the dropdown menu, select All.