There are several handy features in the Microsoft Edge browser, and one of them is the News feed. But if you do not like it and you want to hide the News feed on the New tab page of Edge for iPad, you can keep following this article. It is possible to hide it entirely, or you can customize it as per your requirements.
When you open a new tab page in the Microsoft Edge browser, it shows various things, including a search box, some popular/most visited website icons, and a News feed containing the latest happenings around the world. Microsoft News powers up this feed so that you can keep getting the latest news all the time. However, what if you do not like to have so many articles on the new tab page? If it is distracting for you and you do not want to have this section, here are some steps you should follow.
Hide News feed in New tab page of Edge for iPad
To hide the News feed that appears on the New tab page of Microsoft Edge for iPad, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge Settings panel.
- Tap on the News feed option.
- Toggle Show my news feed button.
- Tap on the Done button to save the change and go back.
To get started, you need to open the Microsoft Edge Settings panel first. For that, tap on the three-dotted button visible on the top-right corner in your browser, and select Settings from the list.
After that, you can see a popup window where you need to tap on the News feed option.
On the next screen, you should find an option called Show my news feed. You need to toggle the corresponding button to turn it off.
After doing the last step, you cannot see the News feed on the new tab page of the Microsoft Edge browser for iPad.
If you do not want to hide this section and instead, you want to customize it a bit, here are some other options you should know. For your information, you can find these options in the News feed panel, which you opened earlier.
- Region and language: By default, Edge opts for the system-wide region and language settings. It means that if you set the United States as your region, you can find all the news related to that region. Many people want to know about other countries as well. If you are one of them, this option might help you. You need to expand this option and select a different country.
- News source: If you are in the United States, you can use this option. It lets you choose between MSN and MSN Kids.
I hope this article will help you customize or hide the new tab page news feed without any problem.