If you want to create a breakout room in Microsoft Teams, here is how to do that. It is possible to create up to 50 breakout rooms, but only the meeting organizer can do that.
What is Breakout Room in Microsoft Teams
A breakout room is a virtual group meeting all attendees can join without leaving the existing conference. An organizer can create a breakout room during a live Teams meeting so that a group of people can be assigned to perform something else.
Let’s assume that thirty people have joined your meeting and you want to ask only particular ten people to do something else. There are two ways to get it done. First, you can close the live meeting and create another meeting with those ten people. Second, you can make use of the breakout room to let them join for your purpose. If the latter method sounds more useful for you, here is how you, a meeting organizer, can create and use the breakout room in Microsoft Teams.
Create & use Breakout rooms in Microsoft Teams
To create and use Breakout rooms in Microsoft Teams, follow these steps-
- Open Microsoft Teams and start a meeting.
- Click the Breakout rooms icon on the top menu bar.
- Select the number of rooms you want to create.
- Choose Automatically to add all current attendees to the breakout room.
- Choose Manually to add people to your breakout room manually.
- Click the Create Rooms button.
To know more about these steps, read on.
At first, you have to open Microsoft Teams and start a meeting. Once all participants are joined, click on the Breakout rooms icon on the top menu bar.
It opens a window where you can choose two things-
- The number of breakout rooms you want to create. For that, expand the drop-down list and select a number. As said before, it is possible to create from 1 to 50 breakout rooms.
- How you want to add people to the breakout room. There are two options – Automatically and Manually. If you choose the former option, it will add all the current participants to the breakout room. However, the latter option will let you choose people one after one.
Choose one option according to your requirements, and click the Create Rooms button.
Next, you can manage all the breakout rooms from your right-hand side. If you want to rename a room, click on the three-dotted icon and select the Rename room option.
However, if you want to delete a room, choose the Delete room option.
This is all you need to know about breakout rooms in Microsoft Teams.