Every PC contains Chipset drivers for the components to function correctly. You cannot use a PC without Chipset drivers as they instruct your operating system to communicate with your motherboard and its subsystems. If you are running AMD Chipset drivers, this guide will help you to check the AMD chipset driver version.
How to check the AMD chipset driver version on Windows 11/10
If you are looking for ways to check the AMD chipset driver version, the following methods can help you check it.
- Using Apps in the Settings app
- Using the Control Panel
- Using the Device Manager
- Using PowerShell
- Using third-party driver installer programs
- Use third-party tools to check System Information
- Using AMD Software Installer
Let’s get into the details of each method and know the version of the AMD Chipset driver.
1] Using Apps in the Settings app
You can find all the apps and drivers installed on your PC in the Installed apps tab of Settings. You can also find the AMD chipset driver along with its driver version. This way, you can check the chipset driver version.
To check the AMD chipset driver version,
- Open the Settings app using the Win+I keyboard shortcut.
- Then, click on Apps and select Installed apps
- Scroll down to find AMD Chipset Software with its version below it.
It is one of the easiest ways to find the AMD chipset driver version.
2] Using the Control Panel
In Control Panel you can see the list of all the programs installed on your PC in the Programs tab. You can also find the AMD Chipset driver there along with its version.
To check the AMD Chipset driver version using Control Panel,
- Click on the Start button and type Control Panel and open it from the results.
- Select the Programs tab in the Control Panel window.
- Click on Programs and Features. You will see the list of all the programs installed on your PC along with the AMD Chipset drivers. You will find its version in the Version tab beside the AMD Chipset
3] Using the Device Manager
Another way to find the AMD chipset driver version installed on your computer is through the Device Manager.
To find the AMD chipset driver using Device Manager,
- Press Win+R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. It will open the Device Manager window.
- You will see IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers there. Expand it to see the AMD Chipset driver. Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Then, click on the Driver tab where you can find all the details about the driver along with its version.
4] Using PowerShell
You can also find the AMD Chipset driver version using PowerShell. You need to enter a command and press Enter. After that, it will show all the drivers installed on your PC along with its version. Among them, you can find the AMD Chipset driver and its version.
To check the AMD Chipset driver version using PowerShell,
- Press Win+X to open the WinX menu.
- Select Windows Terminal (Admin) option.
- Click on the Yes option.
- Enter this command:
- You will now see all the installed drivers on your PC along with the AMD chipset driver and its version. You need to go through the list of many drivers to find the AMD Chipset driver and its version.
5] Using third-party driver installer programs
There are many third-party driver installers or updating programs that can help you find the AMD chipset driver version easily. You need to install them on your PC and run them to see the list of installed drivers and their versions.
6] Use third-party tools to check System Information
There are some third-party tools like HWiNFO that shows your detailed System information when you run it on your PC. In that System information they show you, you will find AMD Chipset driver details including its version running on your PC. Download the installer of portable versions of System Information checkers and run them on your PC.
7] Using AMD Software Installer
You can also find the AMD Chipset driver version by using the AMD software installer program. It auto-detects the AMD drivers and software installed on your PC and checks for updates. You will see the list of AMD programs installed on your PC along with the AMD Chipset driver with its version number under it. You can download the AMD software installer from the AMD Support website. Once, downloaded install it and run on your PC to see the AMD chipset driver version.
These are the different ways using which you can find the version of AMD Chipset driver on your PC.
Note: You need to update the AMD chipset driver when a new version is available as it is a crucial piece of the program to run your PC. Mostly, the updates of AMD chipset drivers or other drivers are installed through Windows updates automatically. We only have to update them manually when we face errors or issues with them.
AMD chipset drivers are installed and updated automatically with Windows updates. You don’t need to do anything to update them. If you are facing any issues with them, you can download them according to your PC and Windows version from the AMD website, or use a third-party driver updating software to update them automatically.
How do I check my AMD chipset driver?
You can check the AMD chipset driver from the Device manager, Installed apps tab on the Settings app, using a command on PowerShell, or a third-party driver updating software. You can even go to the AMD website and enter your device details to see the chipset driver and download it.
How do I know my AMD chipset?
Open Device Manager on your PC from the Start menu and expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers in the list. You will see the brand of your Chipset listed there. You can even go to the Settings app and see the Installed apps to find the chipset you have.