A Shape is a graphical representation of an object. In Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and OneNote, people can use shapes to form an image. They also contain features to color the shapes and their outlines or even to create borders. In this tutorial, we will explain the steps on how to insert shapes in OneNote.
How to insert Shapes in OneNote
- Launch OneNote.
- Click the Draw tab on the menu bar.
- In the menu, choose a shape.
- You have three categories of shapes to choose from:
- Basic Shapes, and
- Now draw the shape into the notebook.
How to add color to the Shape outline in OneNote
In OneNote, you can also add color to the Shapes outline:
- Ensure that the shape is selected and go to the Pen gallery
- Click a pen and select a color from the menu.
- You can also change the width of the pen ink.
How to group shapes in OneNote
To group your shapes in OneNote, follow these steps:
- Select the Lasso Select button on the Draw tab and draw it over the shapes.
- Then right-click and select Group from the menu, and the shape is grouped.
How do I write inside a shape in OneNote?
Follow the steps below on how to type a text inside a shape in OneNote:
- Insert a shape into your OneNote notebook.
- Click inside the shape, and you will see a mini text box.
- Now type inside the mini text box, then click out.
- Now there is text inside your text box.
Is OneNote good for drawing?
Yes, people can draw in OneNote. They can use OneNote to draw sketches of shapes, lines, and images. In OneNote, there are tools to assist you with your drawings, such as pens, highlighters, erasers, and much more.
What is Microsoft OneNote good for?
OneNote is a program that is created to take notes, like a notebook, but digital. It allows individuals to organize their notes into separate notebooks and sections. Persons can also add attachments to their OneNote notebooks and hyperlinks and make sketches of images. OneNote is more effective than a regular notebook, where you can easily modify your notes due to it being digital.
Read: OneNote Productivity Tips to help you get the best out of it.
What’s the difference between OneNote and OneDrive?
The difference between OneNote and OneDrive is that OneDrive is a program where persons can upload their most important files, such as pictures and documents, for further use. OneNote is a program person can store their notes like a notebook.
Can you group objects in OneNote?
In OneNote for Windows 10, people can group objects by using the Group feature in OneNote. In this tutorial, we have explained the steps on how to group shapes in your OneNote notebook.
How do you make a box in OneNote?
OneNote does not have a text box feature; a user can type anywhere in the notebook. In OneNote, a person can use the Draw tab that assists person draw shapes into their notebooks, including a rectangle where people can form it into a box.
We hope this tutorial helps you to add shapes to OneNote.