If you run a business and are looking for a good and free accounting software for small business, then GnuCash is perfect for you. It is a free and open source accounting software, and comes with a double-entry book-keeping system. GnuCash is a part of the GNU Project and supports Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating system. Support for Microsoft Windows was introduced a little late, viz version 2.2.0 onwards.
Free accounting software for Small Business
There is a long list of features supported by GNUCash which includes:
- Double-Entry bookkeeping
- HBCI support
- Stock/Mutual Fund Portfolios
- Bank and Credit Card reconciliation
- SQL support
- Scheduled Transactions
- Transaction-Import Matching Support
- Mortgage and Loan Repayment Assistant
- Built-in and custom reports and charts
- And Many More…
Small business accounting features include:
- Accounts Receivable (A/R)
- Accounts Payable (A/P) including bills due reminders
- Employee expense voucher
- Mapping to income tax schedules and TXF export for import into tax prep software (US)
- Setting up tax tables and applying sales tax on invoices.
GnuCash is written in C and a small fraction in Scheme. The interface is quite good and user-friendly and you would never face problems regarding the interface.
GnuCash does accounting and transactions in a more transparent or visible manner, which makes it easier for students who are learning account, to learn the basics of double entry bookkeeping.
So if you are looking out for a free business accounting software for Windows 7, you should definitely check out GNUCash. Though the installer is a little big in size, remember that it will save you money that would have been spent on a paid application.
GnuCash free download
You can download GnuCash from here.
You may also want to check out some more free Personal Finance & Business Accounting Software.