Diary writing is a good hobby. Many people like to keep a diary in which they can write about their daily activities. Today, there are a number of apps and software available on the internet that make it easier for you to manage your diary. And the good news is that some of these apps and software are available free of cost. In this article, we will list the best free Digital Diary software for Windows 11/10.
Free Digital Diary software for Windows PC
We have the following free Digital Diary software on this list:
- Smart Diary Suite 4 Free Edition
- Efficient Diary
- Eitbit Diary
- Digital Diary
Let’s explore the features of these freeware.
1] Smart Diary Suite 4 Free Edition
Smart Diary Suite 4 Free Edition comes with many interesting features. When you launch it for the first time, you have to create a username and set a password for the same. You can also add a hint and its answer so that you can use it to reset your password.
It is a very powerful software that comes with a lot of features. In this free edition, you can write diaries, schedule events, and plan tasks. The left pane of the software displays the calendar of the current and the next two months.
By default, it does not display the text editor to write a diary. You have to double-click on the middle pane to open the text editor. You can make a text Bold, Italic, Underline, and Double Underline. Apart from this, the Strikethrough option is also available in this free software. You can also change the text size and color.
All the diary entries will be available in the center pane of the software.
Let’s see what features Smart Diary Suite 4 Free Edition offers.
- Spell check: This is the only software on this list that offers a spell-checking feature in its free version.
- Table: You can also create tables in your diary entries.
- Category: The Category drop-down menu lets you select the category of your piece of writing. You can select whether your piece of writing is a diary, poetry, or note.
- Life Factors: This is a unique feature of the Smart Diary Suite. Here, you can define your mood and health condition for a particular day. This will let you know how you were feeling or how your mood was at the time of diary writing. This feature is available on the right pane.
- Event Scheduler: This feature allows you to schedule events for a particular date and time. You can set a reminder for the same. You can also select the category of the event you are scheduling, like important, personal, business, vacation, etc. Apart from this, you can also add attachments to your event.
- Tasks: You can create new tasks and set their priority as low, normal, and high. Each priority has a flag of a different color. Add an attachment and Set a reminder options are also available for tasks.
- Automatic Backup: By default, this feature is disabled. To enable it, go to “Tools > Options.” After that, select Automatic Backup from the left side and select the checkbox next to the enable automatic backup option. Now, select the destination folder and click OK.
You can download Smart Diary Suite 4 Free Edition from sdiary.com.
iDailyDiary is another free Digital Diary software. When you launch it for the first time, it will ask you to create a new diary. You have to enter the name of your new diary and a password to protect your data. If you do not want to password protect your diary, you can select the Do not prompt for password option.
iDailyDiary has a user-friendly interface. Hence, you will not face any difficulty while using it. If you want to create a new diary, you have to click on the File menu and then select the New option. It stores all your data in its installation folder.
Like Microsoft Word, iDailyDiary also comes with a number of formatting tools. You can make a text Bold, Italic, and Underline, and change its font size and color. Apart from this, adding the Bullet points option is also available in this software.
Let’s have a look at some of the features of iDailyDiary.
- Autosave: iDailyDiary saves your notes automatically when you exit. However, if you want, you can also save your notes manually from the File menu.
- Themes: iDailyDiary comes with three different themes, namely, Luxury, Brilliant Pink, and Brilliant Blue. By default, the theme is disabled. You can enable it from the “View > Themes” menu.
- Search Diary: With the help of the Search Diary option, you can search for a text in the entire diary. It comes with various types of filters that help you get more accurate search results. By default, the software searches for the text in the entire diary, but you can change it in the Search Where section. Search for a text between the custom dates option is also available in the software.
- Find and Replace: Like Microsoft Word, Find and Replace options are also available in iDailyDiary. You can access both of these options in the Edit menu.
- New Tab: By using this option, you can add multiple pages to your diary. The shortcut key to add as a new page or tab is Ctrl + T.
- Diary Page Link: If you use Microsoft OneNote, you may probably know that it has an option to link one page to another. The same feature is available in iDailyDiary.
- Maintenance: The Maintenance option in the File menu allows you to rename your diary, change its password, backup diary, restore diary, move diary, etc. In addition, the Backup to Cloud and Backup from Cloud features are also available in the Maintenance option.
- Import: You can also import a file to your diary. RTF, TXT, Unicode TXT are the supported file formats. The Advanced Import option lets you batch import the files.
- Export: You can export your diary page in RTF, TXT, Unicode TXT, HTML, etc., file formats.
If you want to save your diary page as PDF, you can use the Print option.
You can download iDailyDiary from splinterware.com.
3] Efficient Diary
Efficient Diary is another free Digital Diary software for Windows 11/10 on this list. After launching the software, you have to create a new diary by clicking on the “File > New” option. After that, the software will ask you to enter the name of the diary and select the save location. In the next step, you have to enter a password for your diary.
By default, the software does not display the text editor panel. For this, you have to click on the New Diary Entry button. You can create multiple entries in a single diary file. All the diary entries will be available in the Diary section along with the date of creation. You can also select emotion and weather for a particular diary entry. The text editor panel lets you make a text Bold, Italic, Underline, change its color, style, and size, etc.
Let’s explore some features of Efficient Diary.
- Themes: Efficient Diary comes with a variety of themes. Some of these themes include Black, Blue, Green, Pumpkin, Springtime, Summer, Xmas, etc. To apply a particular theme, go to “View > Interface Style.”
- Importance: You can also mark your diary entries in terms of importance as lowest, low, normal, high, and highest. To use this feature, you have to enable the Details pane. For this, go to “View > Details > Show Details.”
- Search: Efficient Diary has two types of Search options, General and Advanced. You can apply different filters to the Search option, like Title, Category, Date, Last Modification Time, Condition such as starts with, earlier than, etc.
- Recycle Bin: All the deleted diary entries will be available in the Recycle Bin of the software. From here, you can restore the diary entries that you want. For this, you have to right-click on a particular diary entry and select Undelete.
- Print: Efficient Diary offers different types of print options. You can print all diary entries, all records in a current view, selected records in a current view, etc. By using the same option, you can save your diary as a PDF.
- Language: This free software supports more than 20 languages. Go to “Tools > Language” to change the language.
- Import and Export: The import and export options are available in the Tools menu. CSV and HTML are the only supported formats for import and export options.
Some features of this software are paid, like spelling and grammar check, insert table, insert an attachment, sync diaries with Android and iOS devices, etc.
Related: If you are searching for a diary that comes with a traditional look, download and install In My Diary.
4] Eitbit Diary
Eitbit Diary is a very basic Digital Diary software for Windows 11/10. Like the other software on this list, this one also offers password encryption for your diary. But by default, this feature is disabled. Hence, you have to enable the password encryption option for every new diary you create.
It comes with some basic features, like changing the text size, color, and style, making a text Bold, Italic, Underline, and Strikeout, inserting an image, etc. Apart from that, Find and Print options are also available.
After writing your diary, you can save it on your hard drive. You can also backup your diary entries.
To download Eitbit Diary, you have to visit eitbit.com.
5] Digital Diary
Digital Diary is another basic freeware on this list. When you launch it for the first time, you have to create a username and password. After that, you have to launch the software again and log in by entering your username and password.
You can consider it a simple text editor. If you want to change your username and password, go to “Settings > Account Settings.” It saves your diary notes in .txt format. But this text file is completely encrypted. It means if you open it in any text editor software, you will see the encrypted text. Hence, to read your notes, you have to open the text file only in this software.
If you want to uninstall it, open the installation drive and delete the Digital Diary folder. After that, delete its shortcut icon from your Desktop. You cannot uninstall it from the Control Panel because it is not available there.
You can download Digital Diary from Softpedia.com.
Which is the best diary app for WIndows 10?
Microsoft Store has a variety of Digital Diary apps. Some of these apps are paid and some are free. Launch the Microsoft Store on your computer, click on the Search button, and type Diary, and press Enter. Then Microsoft Store will show you all the available Digital Diary apps. You can install the app of your choice.
How do I create a diary on my computer?
You can create a diary on your computer with the help of any Digital Diary software. These software are available on the internet in both free and paid versions. If you are searching for free software to create a diary on your computer, you can go install any of the software that we have listed in this article.
Which software is your favorite? Don’t forget to tell us in the comments section.