This post features solutions to fix the Roblox Error Code 403, Authentication Failed. Roblox is a popular online gaming platform that allows players to buy, sell, and create virtual items to decorate their virtual characters for their avatars. However, like any complex system, it is resistant to technical glitches. One such error is Roblox Error Code 403, which can frustrate players trying to enjoy the game. The error message reads:
Error Code: 403
An error was encountered during authentication. Please try again.
Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix the error.
What does Roblox error code 403 mean?
Error code 403 in Roblox typically indicates that the server denies access to the requested resource or action. The reasons can vary, including network connectivity problems, misconfigured settings, security restrictions, or other factors. Users are denied access to the game by the server.
Fix Roblox Authentication Failed Error Code 403
To fix the Authentication Failed, Error Code 403 in Roblox, restart the app, browser, and your device. Other than that, try following these suggestions:
- Check the Network Connection
- Check Roblox Server Status
- Logout and re-login
- Clear Roblox Cache Data
- Temporarily Disable Firewall or Security Software
- Modify DNS Settings
- Disable Proxy or VPN
- Reinstall Roblox.
Let’s now see these in detail.
1] Check the Network Connection
Start by checking if your internet connection is running fine. This is because a slow or unstable internet connection can be why the Roblox Error Code 403 occurs. Perform a speed test to check if your internet connection is running fine. Alternatively, try connecting to a different network to see if the error is fixed.
2] Check Roblox Server Status
Next, check the Roblox Server Status. It’s possible the servers are facing downtime or are under maintenance. You can also follow @Roblox on Twitter to stay updated on scheduled and ongoing maintenance. You can do this via a free server status detector. If the server is down, you can do nothing but wait.
3] Logout and re-login
One of the many reasons why Roblox cannot allow you entry is corrupted login cookies. But this is a situation where logging out of the Roblox player, and then logging in may resolve this issue. As you do so, the app recreates new cookies, replacing all the corrupted ones.
4] Clear Roblox Cache Data.
The Roblox cache data can also be why the Roblox Error Code 403 occurs. Roblox stores cache data to allow faster access and enhance user experience. However, an unexpected system crash or malware attack can corrupt the cache folder. Here’s how to clear the Roblox cache Data:
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open Run.
- Type %localappdata% and hit Enter.
- The File Manager will now open, here, search and open the Roblox folder.
- Now, press Ctrl + A to select all the files, then Shift + Del permanently delete them.
- Restart your device and see if the error’s fixed.
5] Temporarily Disable Firewall or Security Software
Antivirus software and Windows Defender Firewall can sometimes interrupt applications and their processes.
6] Modify DNS Settings
As Error Code 403 in Roblox could be a server-related error, switching to Google DNS can help fix it. Here’s how:
- Click Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl to open the Network Connections window, and click the OK button.
- Right-click on the current network and select the Properties option.
- Click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and then on the Properties button.
- Next, select the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Type the addresses mentioned below in the corresponding fields:
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Go back to the previous window, click on Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6), and then on the Properties button.
- At last, select the Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter the following addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
7] Disable Proxy or VPN
To disable VPN, click Win+I to open Windows Settings > Network & Internet > VPN. There, toggle off the Allow VPN over metered networks option.
If you use a 3rd-party VPN software, right-click on its Taskbar icon and select Exit.
Apart from disabling the VPN, it’s also recommended to turn off the Proxy connection, to be on the safe side.
VPN or Proxy servers hide your IP address by rerouting your Internet traffic via a remote server. This can be why the Roblox Error Code 403 occurs, as the service you’re trying to access isn’t available in your region. Nevertheless, Here is how you can disable Proxy:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Here, toggle off the Automatically detect settings option.
- Click on the Set up option next to Use a proxy server and toggle off the Use a proxy server option.
8] Reinstall Roblox
Last but not least, if nothing could help you resolve this issue, then the error can be due to incorrect Roblox installation. Try uninstalling Roblox and then starting with a fresh installation of Roblox on the PC.
We hope these suggestions have helped you.
Is error 403 an IP ban in Roblox?
Yes, the Roblox Error Code 403 can indicate an IP ban. This mainly occurs while trying to access Roblox. To fix this, check Roblox servers and clear its cache data.
Can Roblox permanently ban you?
Roblox can ban a user permanently if they are found engaging in extreme or repeated acts of cheating, hacking, harassment, or other forms of disruptive behavior. Once this happens, the user can no longer access Roblox and any of its associated features.
Roblox has multiple banning options, including a permanent ban. So, maintaining decent behavior and decorum when using the service should be your utmost priority if you don’t want to get banned permanently.
Also Read: Roblox not launching or working on Windows PC.