If you want to access any webpage as a desktop app, Firework from Startpack can help you do that. It is a free Windows software to convert a website to a desktop application within moments. Although it doesn’t allow you create a dedicated Windows app for each website or webpage, you can access all the shortcuts in one place with the help of this freeware.
The user interface of Firework is neat and clean, which makes this app all the more attractive. This software would be helpful when you do not want to use a dedicated browser for opening a website or save all the bookmarks. Also, it doesn’t have any limitations – you can create as many webpage shortcuts as you want.
Firework offers a profile management option if you sign in to the Firework app. However, if you do not want that functionality, you do not need to use your email ID to create an account. Another essential feature is that you can share any webpage shortcut with anyone. If the recipient has Firework app installed on his/her PC, he/she can add that shortcut to the app quickly.
Convert website to desktop application
To get started, you need to download the Firework app to your PC. After installing, you can find a window like this-
If you want to add a new website or webpage, click the plus (+) sign. Following that, enter the website URL and let it fetch the website icon/favicon, name, etc. automatically.
After that, you can customize the name and click the Add button to add the webpage.
Right before that, it is possible to assign the website shortcut to a different profile, if you want. However, this is not mandatory, and you can do the same later.
If you right-click on any webpage shortcut, you will find some options as follows:
- Share: Click this button to share the shortcut. After clicking this button, you can see a unique link that you can send to anybody.
- Open in browser
- Copy with separated profile: If you want to assign the existing shortcut to another profile, this option is what you need.
- Edit icon: If you do not like the fetched icon, you can change it using this option.
- Improve the icon of this web application
The Settings panel contains three options:
- Language: You can change the application language if you do not want the current one.
- Speedup of Apps: It lets you choose the number of apps that you want to speed up.
- Run with system: If you want to open this app alongside the system login, you can use this option.
If you like this tool, you can download it from the official website. It is available for Windows 10/8/7, and you can install it on 32-bit as well as the 64-bit machine.
Read next: Create Website Shortcuts on your Windows desktop