Most people think about privacy and security when they move from WhatsApp to Telegram. However, they often forget that Telegram offers some super-convenient features. One of them is the capability to edit sent messages in Telegram.
If you send the wrong message to someone or if the sent message had a typo, you’d be able to edit it in an instant. In this guide, we will show you how to edit sent messages in Telegram on your Android, desktop, and iOS devices. Just make sure that you have installed the latest version of Telegram on your device.
Edit Sent Messages in Telegram on Android
You can follow the simple steps as shown below:
- Open the Telegram chat of the person to whom you sent the wrong/mistyped message.
- Tap and long-press the message you want to edit
- From the toolbar that appears on top, select the Pencil icon.
- Now, you can edit the message just like you compose the message in the first place.
- Once you have edited the content, tap on the Tick button
You can see the edited message along with the ‘Edited’ tag right next to it. Simple enough, right?
Edit Sent Messages in Telegram on iOS
If you use Telegram on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:
- Open the chat where you can find the wrong message
- Tap and long-press the message until the menu appears
- Choose Edit from the menu
- Make required changes to the message
- Tap on the Tick button to send the message
Edit Sent Messages in Telegram on Desktop
Follow these steps if you are using the Telegram desktop app:
- Open the chat where you sent the wrong message
- Right-click on the specific message and select the ‘Edit’ option
- Just like you saw on Android, the editing interface would appear
- Correct the mistake and hit Enter.
You will come across the edited message with the corresponding tag.
When used at the right time, this message editing feature can save you from embarrassment and problems. Of course, the person would know you edited the message, but they won’t be able to see the original text, either. Sounds pretty convenient.
Note: Since Telegram stores all your messages on the cloud, this feature works across platforms. For instance, even if you sent the wrong message from your Android phone, you can edit the message using Telegram’s desktop or iOS app.
- Tags: Telegram