The Google Earth blog has released 1000 of the most stunning landscapes captured in Google Earth. The images have been added to Google Earth View. According to Google, the collection now has grown to 2,500 striking landscapes. Apart from this, the photos have been optimized to support the higher resolution, such as 4K. Here is the view of Yellow Stone National Park, United States. In this post, we will show how you can explore and download the Google Earth images for Wallpaper.
Explore & download the Google Earth images
Google has made sure you can view these imageries from the Earth View Gallery using the official Chrome Extension. The gallery features a color map that helps you visualize the collection of 2500+ locations. If you are fond of a particular color, you can use it to find a landscape that features your favorite color. Here is how you can do it:
- Install the Earth View Chrome Extension
- Open the Color Map in a new tab in Chrome
- Click on Explore Images button
- Use the slider to choose the color of your choice, and then find those images.
Remember, every time you open Earth View, it displays a random beautiful landscape. So the color map is the best way to find out based on location and color. You will be able to zoom in and out and also go to a specific part of the map to find if there is an image that interests you.
Download Google Earth images as Wallpaper
- When you are on the color map, click on Show Image link. It will instantly display one of the random photos.
- Hover your mouse over the top section of the image, and you can see a download button.
- Click on it to download the Wallpaper.
- If you do not like that image, hover your mouse somewhere in the middle right of the image, and click on the next image icon
When you install the extension, it will display a new landscape image whenever you switch to a new tab. If you are ok with it, you can also use this at your leverage to download it as Wallpaper.
- Open a New Tab, if you like the Wallpaper, right-click on it, and save it on your computer.
- You can also click on the Clock icon, which displays the history of all previous wallpapers. Click on it and then select Wallpaper and download it.
- The last way to download is to click on the hamburger menu and then click on the Download Wallpaper link to save it.
The menu also offers you to open the default New Tab. Apart from this, you have the option to share the image, visit Web Gallery, Open in Google Maps, or Visit earth.google.com. You can do all of these without installing the Google Earth software.
Google has collaborated with Ubilabs in Hamburg, Germany, for this to become possible. They used a set of tools to scour 36 million square miles of satellite imagery to get the right shot. In the end, the color profile of the images is optimized for the particular landscape before exporting it. Here is the video which gives you a glimpse of what you get to see when exploring with Google Earth View. The team from Google Earth and Ubilabs have talked about it in the video.
Just like Bing uses their images, Google has been using these images in many places. It includes Chromecast, Google Home, Google Earth’s Voyager, and more. It is rather easy to download Google Earth images for Wallpaper. I wish they can integrate with Windows 10 Wallpaper as well.
TIP: Download Windows 11 wallpapers in exciting colors for your PC.
I hope you enjoy using the awesome Google Earth images ad a desktop background on your computer.
Want more? You can also download these free Wallpapers and Background pictures for Windows 10 desktop.