You’ll surely run into a lot of limitations while trying to connect your Xbox Series X/S to Bluetooth headphones but that doesn’t mean you should give up so easily. It is certainly possible to use wireless headphones with the Xbox Series X|S. Just follow the list of instructions given in the post to get started.
Connect Xbox Series X/S to Bluetooth Headphones
You can connect your Bluetooth headphones to Xbox Series X/S using a USB dongle. Xbox consoles do not support Bluetooth connections for accessories. That’s because Bluetooth as a standard is not as suitable for gaming. It is prone to frequent interference by devices or obstacles in its range. Also, it’s more likely to experience latency as against direct ways and this latency problem may vary from one headset to another.
As such, for a wireless connection, you’ll need to rely solely on Xbox Wireless or a USB dongle. Most Xbox wireless headphones have an Xbox Wireless dongle that you can connect to the USB of your console, or use the Xbox Wireless connectivity option built right into the headset.
- Connect headset via USB
- Use Wireless Protocol
Let us cover both the above methods in a bit more detail!
1] Connect Xbox headset via USB
- Connect your gaming console to a power source and turn it On.
- Compatible headsets ship with their own USB transmitters. You can plug these transmitters into your console.
- Once done, wait for a few seconds to allow your headphone to pair automatically.
- If not, press the sync button on your gaming console.
- Then, press and hold the power button on your headphones until they connect to your console.
- Your headphone should connect after completing the above step.
2] Use Wireless Protocol to connect box Bluetooth headphones
As mentioned earlier, Xbox Series X or S consoles feature a proprietary wireless protocol. Headsets that support this protocol connect to Xbox One Series X/S automatically when powered On (The headset’s green power button is located on the back of the left earcup).
- To get started, just press and hold the green power button on the headset.
- You’ll hear a repeated pairing tone, and the power light on the headset will start flashing.
- Press the Pair button on your console.
- The power light on the console will start flashing.
- When the headset and console connect with each other, the power lights on both devices will stop flashing.
Once connected, it should start picking audio, automatically. In addition, these headsets support spatial sound technologies including Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos for realism and audio precision that fully surrounds you.
Do you have to charge Xbox Wireless headset?
Yes. To charge your Xbox Wireless Headset, connect it to your console using the USB-C cable provided with the headset. The headset’s charging port is located on the lower back of the right earcup. When the headset is not in use, 30 minutes of charging can provide up to 4 hours of battery life, and 3 hours of charging will completely recharge the headset (providing up to 15 hours of battery life, depending on usage).
Note The headset can be used while it’s charging, but you’ll need to purchase a longer USB-C cable than the one provided with the headset.
How do I adjust the volume on my Xbox One wireless headset?
To manage the headset volume, turn the dial on the outside of the right earcup. When you rotate it clockwise the volume increases. To lower it, move or rotate the dial in the backward/anti-clockwise direction.