Google Slides is a free cloud presentation maker from Google. It has a good collection of themes that you can use to make more beautiful and impressive presentations. If after applying a particular theme to your presentation, you want to change it, you can do so. This article explains how to change the Theme and Theme Color in Google Slides.
How to change the Theme and Theme Color in Google Slides
Google Slides theme is a preset group of colors, fonts, backgrounds, and layouts. When you change the theme color, you will see different options to change the color of different elements in a slide design.
How to change the theme in Google Slides
Changing a theme in Google Slides is easy. Go through the following instructions:
- Open Google Slides in your browser by signing in to your Google account.
- Create a new presentation or open the existing one.
- Go to “Slide > Change theme.” All the themes will appear in the sidebar on the right side.
- Select the theme that you want to apply.
How to change theme color in Google Slides
To change the theme color in Google Slides, you have to open the Theme Builder. The Theme Builder in Google Slides is similar to the Slide Master in Microsoft PowerPoint. It contains master slides for your theme so that you can make changes to all your slides quickly.
The following instructions will help you change the theme color in Google Slides:
- Open Google Slides.
- Create a new project or open the existing one.
- Go to “View > Theme builder.” Alternatively, you can select “Slide > Edit Theme.” Both of these options will open the Theme Builder in Google Slides.
- In the Theme Builder, click on Colors. This will open the Theme Colors sidebar on the right side.
- Now, click on the Choose a theme color drop-down. You will see different options there, like Text and background 1, Text and background 2, Accent 1, Accent 2, etc. Each of these options represents a different element in the slide design.
- Select any one of these options. Now, select any color from the Color Palette. As you change the color, the changes will be reflected immediately in the slide.
Select different options from the drop-down to change the color of different elements in your slide. The changes will be applied automatically to all the slides. You need not apply them to each slide separately. When you are done, close the Theme builder by clicking on the cross.
I did not find any option to restore the default colors to the theme. If you want to do so, you have to change the theme by following the steps we have already discussed above.
How do you change the theme color on Google Slides mobile?
I did not find any option to change the theme color on the Google Slides app for Android smartphones. However, if you want to change your theme, you can do so in Google Slides mobile app. For this, open the Google Slides mobile app and tap on any of the slides in your presentation. Now, tap on the Edit Slide option. The selected slide will open for editing. Now, click on the three vertical dots on the top right side and select Change theme.
How do you change the background of a theme in Google Slides?
You can easily change the background of a theme in Google Slides. To do so, select the slide, the background of which you want to change. Now, click Background. After that, you can change the background color or upload an image for the selected slide.
Read next: How to add audio to Google Slides.