Windows 10 PC supports Xbox Game Controller. You can connect it with your PC, and play games which support it. You can also stream Xbox Games on PC, and use the game controller to play games if your Xbox One console and PC are very far away. That said, many a time the controller doesn’t seem to work properly, and if this is the case with you, you may need to calibrate Xbox One Controller in Windows 10. This is exactly what we will talk about in this guide.
Calibrate Xbox One Controller
You will know if your Xbox One game controller needs calibration when you have trouble playing the game on your PC. Sometimes the trigger will not fire timely or there is something wrong with the axis of the controller. They all will result in random movement during gameplay.
You have two options in this process. Either you can reset to bring the controller back to default settings, or you can try to calibrate. We suggest you do the later first.
- Connect the Xbox Controller with your PC using the USB cable.
- To make sure its detected by your computer open Device Manager. ( WIN + X + M). If you don’t see it, right click on your PC, and scan for hardware changes.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers.
- Right click on the Controller Icon, and select game controller properties.
- You have two tabs here:
- First lets you test all the buttons, and triggers of the controller, and see if they are responding back.
- Second, lets you reset it to default settings or calibrate. Select later.
- This will launch a wizard which will calibrate the axes of your controller.
- During the process, it will ask you to press different buttons, sometimes leave the axes as is and so on.
- You will get to see a lot of X-axis rotation, Z-Axis, Dpad instructions, and will take a bit of time to complete it.
- Once complete, you can now try the first tab which we skipped above to see if your controller is properly calibrated.
If this still doesn’t work, you can choose to reset the controller. We had that option under Game controller settings.
This should resolve calibration issue with your Xbox One controller on Windows 10 PC. In case you still have issues, you can connect to an Xbox, and try changing these settings on Xbox One as well. Xbox One does allow you to map different button, and swap them if you are used to that kind of settings.
- Tags: XBox