If you have recently installed Windows 10 or an update and found that your Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays are not connecting, here are some possible solutions those will fix your problem. The suggestions offered are for Miracast devices, Bluetooth audio devices, WiGig devices as well as PCs. Generally, the Connect button in Action Center should start the connecting process but if it does not, try this troubleshooting.
Bluetooth audio devices & wireless displays not connecting
1] Miracast devices
- Reboot the computer and all the other devices.
- Check the Miracast support by your device. If your device doesn’t support Miracast, you will not be able to use this Windows 10 feature. Therefore, check the product manual, documentation, or contact with the customer care or check the manufacturer’s website to find out whether your device does support Miracast or not.
- Miracast devices work on Wi-Fi – so make sure your source device is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Use Miracast adapter if your destination display doesn’t support Miracast. You can purchase it, and it comes with an HDMI port.
- Install or update the driver of the wireless display. On the other hand, check if there is any new firmware update for the Miracast adapter or not. If yes, install that right now.
- Reconnect the device. For that, press Win + I, and go to Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. On your right-hand side, you should find previously connected display or adapter under Projectors. You have to remove this device, at first and then try to reconnect the same.
2] Bluetooth audio
- Make sure your source device supports Bluetooth.
- You need to confirm whether those devices are discoverable. Bluetooth-enabled devices come with such option, and it differs from device to device.
- Install or update your Bluetooth driver. If you are using a Bluetooth adaptor or inbuilt Bluetooth and it comes with a driver, you need to install or update it. To do this, press Win + X and select Device Manager. Right-click on the respective Bluetooth device and select Update Driver option. Following that, select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the screen instruction to complete the process.
- Pair the devices again. Before transferring anything over Bluetooth, you need to pair those two devices. If something goes wrong due to system file change or anything else, you may find that problem. So, open Windows Settings panel and go to Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. After that, select the device and remove it. Then, you need to reconnect that device and check if it is working or not.
3] WiGig devices
- Make sure that your Windows 10 device supports WiGig. Just like Miracast, you can check the official website, contact manufacturer, etc. to find that out. Also, check whether the display supports the same or not. Otherwise, you have to use a WiGig dock.
- Turn on Airplane mode to find out the WiGig toggle button. That way you can disable (if already enabled) and enable it.
- Make sure both devices support Miracast.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi if it is not.
- Restart PC as well as Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure the PC is discoverable. For that, open Windows Settings, go to System > Projecting to this PC. On your right-hand side, you should find the option to make that right.
- Make sure the destination display supports Miracast and is turned on. To be sure, press Win + S to open Cortana search, type Connect and open the respective app. You should find a list, and you need to click on Connect from the list of results to check whether it does support or not.
We hope something here helps you.
- Tags: Wi-Fi