In this article, we have listed some best free Photo Frame Maker software for Windows 11/10 users. If you want to customize your photos by decorating them with different frames, these free tools will be beneficial for you. You can also use these free software to frame photos for different occasions, like birthdays, Christmas, etc.
Best free Photo Frame Maker software for Windows 11/10
Our list of best free Photo Frame Maker software for Windows 11/10 contains the following software:
- Picture Frame Wizard
- Paint dot net
- Photo Frame: Kids
GoodFrame is a free photo frame maker software that comes with a bulk image editing feature. You can use this feature to frame multiple images at a time. It comes with some pre-defined frames that you can use for any photo. You can upload a single image by selecting the File option or bulk images by selecting the Directory option. You have to define the path of the folder and the image. To do so, either click on the Browse button or paste the path in the required field by copying it from File Explorer.
When you open the software, you will see the following sections:
- Source: Here, you have to add an image or upload a folder containing images.
- Image Parameters: As the name implies, you can edit your image parameters here.
- Frame: Click on the drop-down under this section to select the pre-defined frames or create a new one. Moreover, you can also edit the existing frames.
- Information: Here, you can add a watermark, logo, and signature to the photo. You can also change the color of the text watermark.
- Destination: By default, the photos are saved in the same folder but with a different name. If you want to change the destination folder, you can do that by pasting the path of the destination folder here.
When you are done, click on the Save button. You can download GoodFrame from its official website, fdsoftware.frandevs.fr.
2] Picture Frame Wizard
Picture Frame Wizard is another free photo frame maker software for Windows 11/10 users. As compared to the GoodFrame software described above, this one has more photo frame options. When you open the software, you will see different tabs on the right side.
- Start: This is the default tab. When you open Picture Frame Wizard, you will see this tab by default. It shows the information about the software.
- Explorer: This software has a feature to frame multiple images. You can select the folder containing the images under this tab.
- Picture labeler: Here, you can add a label to your images. You can also select your image dimensions by selecting the camera manufacturer from the list.
- Fun frames: Here, you can add frames to the selected image. First, select an image under the Explorer tab, then go to the Fun frames tab and click on any of the two arrows (right or left) available at the center of the bottom to make the image visible. Now, drag a frame and drop it on the image. You can also add a custom frame to the software by clicking on the Add new Color Frame button. It supports formats like JPG, PNG, BMP, etc. In addition to this, you can also add artwork, masks, callouts, etc., to your image. An option to add a text watermark is available under the Text tab in the Fun frames section.
- Tools: This tab contains tools to optimize, resize, and rename a picture.
- Settings: As the name implies, you can change the software settings here.
When you are done, click on the Save button and select the location to save the edited image. To download Picture Frame Wizard, visit apphelmond.com.
3] Paint dot net
Paint dot net is among the popular image editing software for Windows users. You can also use Paint dot net to frame your photos. By default, it does not have such a feature. Therefore, you have to install an additional plugin for photo framing tasks. You can download the plugin from its official website.
The plugin is available as a DLL file. Download it and place it at the following location:
After placing the DLL file, open the Paint dot net. If it is already running, close it and reopen it. Now, go to “Effects > Render > Frames” to apply different frames to your photo. After that, you will see different frame modes. The frame modes work with Primary and Secondary colors. You can select these colors on the Color Palette. When you select a mode, you will see its live preview on your image.
Move the sliders to adjust the width of the borders. It also lets you set the transparency level of the frame. If the width of the borders is irregular, you can make it the same by selecting the Check for same width amount checkbox. The Add lines option makes your frame more attractive.
When you are done, you can save the edited image in different formats. Download paint dot net from getpaint.net.
Loonapix is an online tool that lets you add frames to your photos for free. It has a lot of frames to select from. The best part of the website is that the frames are available in different categories, like Romantic, Events, Kids, Animated, etc. You can view the specs of a particular frame, by hovering your mouse cursor over it.
To use a particular frame, click on it. After that, you will see two options, Choose photo and Save image. Click on the Choose photo option and select an image from your computer. Now, adjust the image in the frame and then download it by clicking on the Save image button.
Visit loonapix.com to use Loonapix.
5] Photo Frame: Kids
Photo Frame: Kids is a Microsoft Store app. As the name implies, it is a photo frame app specially designed for kids. It has a large number of frames that you can use to decorate photos of your kids. This app is easy to use. Select a frame from the list of available frames, then click on the Photo button. Now, select a photo from your computer and move it so that it fits perfectly into the frame. To enlarge or shrink the image, press and hold the Ctrl key and then use the Scroll button.
When you are done, click on the Save button. After that, the image will be saved under the Gallery tab of the app. You can access all the saved photos under that tab. To save a photo on your computer, follow the steps written below:
- Go to the Gallery tab.
- Select the photo that you want to save on your disk.
- Click on the Save button.
- Select the location to save the photo.
You can save the edited photos in PNG, JPG, and BMP formats. Download Photo Frame: Kids from Microsoft Store.
Is there a free photo editor for Windows 11?
There are many free photo editor apps available for Windows 11. You can install them from Microsoft Store. When you search for photo editors in Store, you will see a lot of apps. The search result will include both free and paid apps. You can install them after reading the reviews posted by the users.
Is Adobe Photoshop Express free for Windows 11?
When it comes to photo editing, there are a lot of free software available online. Windows 11/10 users have many options, they can also install photo editing apps from Microsoft Store. Adobe Photoshop Express is a powerful image editing app that is available on Microsoft Store. You can install it for free.