Are you tired of opening one bookmark at a time on Google Chrome? You might not know, but Google Chrome enables users to add keyboard shortcuts. If you are an ardent user of Chrome, using keyboard shortcuts to manage bookmarks is an excellent idea. This post will help you assign a keyboard shortcut to Google Chrome Bookmarks so that you can open it quickly.
Set a shortcut key to open a specific bookmark or URL in Chrome
Assign a keyboard shortcut to Google Chrome bookmarks
Assigning keyboard shortcuts to Google Chrome bookmarks is an easy way to open sites you visit frequently. It saves a significant amount of time and aids in efficient working. There are various Chrome extensions present in the store. You can choose any one of them and get started right away! We have reviewed two of them that we found great with excellent features. Have a look!
1] Bookmark Shortcuts Extension
Bookmark Shortcuts Extension is a trendy Chrome extension for assigning keyboard shortcuts to Google Chrome bookmarks. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to ten Google Chrome bookmarks with this extension.
You can add ten different keyboard shortcuts to ten such bookmarks. When the user presses the shortcut, the bookmark URL will open in the browser. Remember that the first ten bookmarks present in the list will get designated keyboard shortcuts.
The extension uses the Alt key to assign shortcuts. For instance, Alt + 1 will open the first bookmark saved. Likewise, Alt + 2 will launch the second one. This way, it will continue till the tenth saved bookmark.
2] Custom Chrome Shortcut Manager
Another well-known chrome extension that can assign keyboard shortcuts to Google Chrome bookmarks is Custom Chrome Shortcut Manager. With this extension, you can easily add an alias to the bookmark URL. The extension allows you to create custom words and assign them shortcuts for websites.
Moreover, the Chrome extension is easy to use. Installing it will lead to its icon appearing on the upper-right side of the Chrome browser. After that, you can assign any alias you want to the URL of the bookmark. You have to enter the alias or the custom word on the left side and the complete website URL on the right side.
After the shortcuts have been entered, type Go in the Omnibox. Press Tab and then enter the site’s alias, and the extension will lead you to the website with ease. The process is straightforward and aids in launching sites with relative ease.
I hope the post was helpful, and now you can access the bookmarks even faster.
Why Assign Keyboard Shortcuts to Bookmarks?
In essence, keyboard shortcuts are a combination of keys on the keyboard that aid the user in efficiently performing several tasks. Using these shortcuts will save your time and effort.
Assigning keyboard shortcuts to Google Chrome bookmarks is essential. With the shortcut, you don’t have to find the websites or go to the manager to gain access to them. Instead, you can open the sites quickly and get the work done.
However, since there is no direct way to assign keyboard shortcuts, you must opt for an efficient Chrome extension. Fortunately, there are several options present in the app store. You can choose the one you want based on the functionality.
Does Chrome offer keyboard shortcuts for bookmarks?
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to assign a keyboard shortcut to Google Chrome bookmarks. That is because the browser doesn’t have that in-built feature. The only bookmark shortcut that you will find in Google Chrome is Ctrl + Shift + O. It will lead to the Chrome bookmarks manager. Now, you need to select one bookmark at a time to access it.
How to Navigate Your Bookmarks With Chrome Keyboard Shortcuts?
To navigate your bookmarks with Chrome keyboard shortcuts, follow the steps given below:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + O at the same time. It is a keyboard shortcut and will lead to the opening of the Chrome bookmarks manager.
- On the Bookmarks bar, you will see the list of bookmarks that you have saved on the browser.
- Press Tab and the list will get selected
- Now, you can use the arrow keys for direction
- Use the arrow key to go to the desired bookmark
- Press Enter, and it will launch the website right away
- Pressing Tab seven times will lead to the left tree of the bookmarks
- Then, you can use the arrow keys to go to any of the folders listed
- Press Tab to select the folder you want
- There, you can choose the bookmark you wish to.
How to Launch Any Website With a Chrome Keyboard Shortcut?
Do you want to launch the site of your choice with a Chrome keyboard shortcut? In that case, you need to adopt the steps outlined below:
- Go to the website you want to launch.
- Drag the icon to the extreme left of the Omnibox with your mouse
- It will lead to the creation of a shortcut to the website on the desktop
- Right-click on the shortcut you just made
- Go to Properties
- Select Web Document
- Go to the Shortcut key
- Here, you need to enter the keys combinations you want for the website
- However, it would help if you kept in mind that it needs to start with – Ctrl + Alt + Shift, Ctrl + Shift, or Ctrl + Alt. After that, you can add any other key
- Click on to save the keyboard shortcut
Now, pressing this particular keyboard shortcut will immediately launch the website.