As you all know that we have been exploring and posting regularly about new possibilities that exist in recently the released Windows 8 CP edition. You may have noticed, that you cannot pin the Recycle Bin or Computer folder icons to the taskbar directly.
Today we’re going to share a tip on how to pin the Recycle Bin to the taskbar, without modifying any system files. Although we are showing the procedure for Recycle Bin, you can also follow it for Computer icon.
Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar
This can be done in two ways:
1] Add Recycle Bin to quick launch
The following steps may be carried out to do this:
1. Right click on task bar and select Toolbars -> New toolbar.…
2. In the New Toolbar window, type the following location in the Folder field:
%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
3. That’s it. You’ll now able to see the quick launch menu. Now drag the Recycle Bin icon in quick launch bar, until Link appears in pop-up, and then drop it. It will create a shortcut inside the quick launch menu.
In this way, you will have successfully added the Recycle Bin to the task bar, under quick launch.
2] Move Recycle Bin to Taskbar
1. Unlock the task bar. Create a New Folder on the desktop, rename it as Recycle Bin, now drag the Recycle Bin icon over this folder until you see Create link in Recycle Bin inside pop-up, then release it. Copy the new folder(Recycle Bin) to Documents.
2. Now Right click on task bar and move to Toolbars -> New toolbar. In the New Toolbar window, find the folder created in the previous step from Documents.
3. Now Right click on the separator (vertical dotted line). In View section, check Large Icons. Also, remove the check mark from Show Text then Show Title. Thus you will see the Recycle Bin icon on the taskbar.
4. The Recycle Bin icon added in the previous step is on the right side of the taskbar. To move it to the left, hold down the left-click on the separator line and drag it left until the pinned icons on task bar are inverted. The previously pinned icons will automatically move to the right, thus leaving the Recycle Bin icon on the left side.
After everything is finished, lock the task bar.
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed the article.
P.S.: Moving Recycle Bin icon to the left may create extra space between the previously pinned icons and the Recycle Bin icon.
How to access the Recycle Bin from Windows taskbar notification area may also interest you.