Some Windows users are reporting the following error when they try to change the Owner in Advanced Security Settings.
This Access Control Entry is Corrupt. Delete it and create a new one.
In this article, we are going to fix this error in Windows 10 with the help of some simple solutions.
Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error message
This error can be because of multiple reasons such as interference of Universal Windows Platform applications, Lack of permission, etc. But the most common reason is file and folders with no particular user. However, in this article, we are going to see all the possible fixes for this error.
These are the things you can do to fix the error in Windows 10:
- Make yourself the owner
- Close all the UWPs
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Make yourself the owner
As the problem usually occurs because of a lack of ownership of a file, the best solution would be to make yourself the owner and take full control over a file.
So, to change the ownership and make yourself the owner, use the following steps.
- Right-click on the folder and select Properties.
- Go to Security tab and click Advanced.
- From the Owner section, click Change.
- Type “Users” in Enter the object name to select and click Check Names.
- Click Ok and then Apply > Ok.
Finally, check if the issue persists.
2] Close all the UWPs
If you are still facing the error try closing all the Universal Windows Platform apps and see if it fixes the issue.
- You can do that from the Task Manager.
- Open Task Manager by Win + X > Task Manager.
- In the Process tab, check if a UWP app is running.
- If it is running, right-click on it and select End Task.
- Check if it fixes the issue.
- Hopefully, these solutions will fix the error for you.