There are some who just don’t bother to use keyboard shortcuts or hotkeys, and then there are some who just cannot do without them. For those who don’t really use them, you should give it a try. You can begin with these 10 most useful keyboard shortcuts for Windows 7. You will forget the keyboard shortcuts if you do not use them, so once you go trough this post, do try to use them – you find that you are doing things much faster on Windows 7.
10 useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows 7
- Win+1, 2, 3, 4, etc.: It will launch each program in your taskbar. It is helpful to keep your most used programs at the beginning of your taskbar, so that you can open them one after the other.
- Win+T: It is used to switch between taskbar programs. This is similar to just hovering over the item with your mouse. You can launch any program with ‘Space’ or ‘Enter’.
- Win+Home: This shortcut minimizes all programs except the current windows that you are using. It is similar to the Aero Shake and it can be disabled with the same registry key.
- Alt+Esc: It is like Alt+Tab but it switches windows in the order they were opened.
- Win+Pause/Break: This will open your System Properties window. This can be helpful if you need to see the name of a computer or simple system statistics quickly.
- Alt+Enter: It opens the Properties of the file, which you have selected, so that you can view file size, sharing settings, and creation date very easily.
- Shift+F10: It is a very useful shortcut for laptop users as it opens the contextual or “right click” menu for a file/folder. Can be very handy, at times.
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc: It will open the Task Manager, without needing to use Ctrl+Alt+Del first.
- F2: Using this shortcut you can instantly rename a file or folder.
- F3: This shortcut will open explorer and focus on the search bar. If you already have an explorer window open it will focus on the the search bar and open its drop-down menu.
Once you get a hang of it, you can go ahead and download our free eBook on Complete List of Windows 7 keyboard shortcuts. This eBook includes 200+ keyboard shortcuts of Windows 7, Paint, WordPad, MS Office, Calculator, Help, Media Player, Media Center, Windows Journal, Internet Explorer, etc.
These links may also interest you:
Did I miss any useful keyboard shortcut? Do let us know which are your favorite Windows keyboard shortcuts.