Microsoft has released Windows PowerShell 4.0 Book and Reference Guides and they are now available for download from the Microsoft Download center. The download includes and covers topics like PowerShell commands, shortcuts best practices, PowerShell Desired State Configuration, PowerShell Workflow, Windows PowerShell ISE, Windows PowerShell Web Access, Server Manager for Windows Server 2012 R2, WinRM, WMI, and WS-Man.
Windows PowerShell 4.0 Guide
Microsoft Windows PowerShell is a command-line shell and scripting language, built on the .NET Framework, designed for system administration, IT professionals and developers.
Microsoft by default has decided to display Windows PowerShell in the Windows 8 WinX Power Menu, although you can change it back to Command Prompt, if you wish. Those of you, who’d like to try your hand at learning Windows PowerShell 4.0, can download these step by step guides or cheat-sheets released by Microsoft.
The files included for download are:
- PowerShell Examples v4.pdf: Describes operators, arrays, useful commands, methods, and other tips
- PowerShell ISE v4.pdf: Lists keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys
- PowerShell LangRef v4.pdf: Shows you how to perform popular IT management and scripting tasks
- Quick Reference DSC WS12R2.pdf: Explains Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) which is new for Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Quick Reference SM WS12R2.pdf: Shows how to perform common tasks in the Server Manager console in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Quick Reference WMI WS12R2.pdf: Discusses features that were introduced to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
Go get it from the Microsoft Download Center.
Windows PowerShell 4.0 download
Windows 8 included Windows PowerShell 3.0. Users upgrading to Windows 8.1 are automatically upgraded to Windows PowerShell 4.0. Windows 7 users will have to download and install Windows PowerShell 4.0 separately. Windows PowerShell 4.0 is part of the Windows Management Framework 4.0 and you can get it from its download page.
More related downloads: