Microsoft has released a new ‘Sysinternals tool’ RAMMap – an advanced physical memory usage analysis utility.
Have you ever wondered exactly how Windows is assigning physical memory, how much file data is cached in RAM, or how much RAM is used by the kernel and device drivers?
RAMMap makes answering those questions easy. It presents usage information in different ways on its several different tabs:
- Use Counts: usage summary by type and paging list
- Processes: process working set sizes
- Priority Summary: prioritized standby list sizes
- Physical Pages: per-page use for all physical memory
- Physical Ranges: physical memory addresses
- File Summary: file data in RAM by file
- File Details: individual physical pages by file
- Use RAMMap to gain understanding of the way Windows manages memory, to analyze application memory usage, or to answer specific questions about how RAM is being allocated.
RAMMap runs on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista & higher.