A few days back, we talked about how you could hide folders in Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Today we are introducing to you a novel TWC app – an ingenious way to hide your folders in Windows 7 | 8.
Our 13 year TWC forum member Paras Sidhu is at it again – he has developed for TWC, Disguise Folders, a free tool that lets you camouflage your secret folders and allows you to disguise them as system folders.
Lets say you want to hide folder and dont want anyone looking for it. Use Disguise Folders to make it look and act like say Windows Update!
How it works:
- Download and run this portable app.
- Select the folder you want to camoflage by clicking on the Disguise button. Lets say you want to disguise ‘Secret Folder’.
- Next select what you would like to hide it as. Lets say you select Windows Update.
- Click Disguise Now.
- You will see your Secret Folder being replaced by Windows Update!
Try clicking this Windows Update folder and you will actually see Windows Update opening!
To recover your old folder:
- Click on the Recover button and select the path of this ‘Windows Update’ folder. Enter the Folder name viz Secret Folder and click Recover now.
- You will see your Secret Folder back in place of the Windows Update folder.
Its a safe, for-fun kind of an app and in no way messes with your original system folders.
Download Disguise Folders v1 and check it out for yourself and have fun using it!
If you’d like to see more of our free releases of e-books, software, themes, etc, click here.