Microsoft has released a Device Guard and Credential Guard Hardware Readiness Tool that will allow customers to enable Device Guard or Credential Guard & check if their Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 hardware is ready for it.
Device Guard is a firmware that will not let un-authenticated, unsigned, unauthorized programs as well as operating systems to load. It is a combination of hardware and software security features that, when configured together, will lock a device down so that it can only run trusted applications.
Credential Guard is one of the main security features available with Windows 10. It allows protection against hacking of domain credentials thereby preventing hackers from taking over the enterprise networks. Along with features like Device Guard and Secure Boot, Windows 10 is more secure than any of the previous Windows operating system.
Device Guard and Credential Guard Hardware Readiness Tool
This tool is a Windows PowerShell script and needs to run with elevated permissions.
It can be used in the following ways:
- Check status of Device Guard or Credential Guard on the system
- Check if the hardware can run Device Guard or Credential Guard and compatible with the Hardware Lab Kit tests
- Enable and disable Device Guard or Credential Guard
- Integrate with System Center Configuration Manager
- Use an embedded ConfigCI policy in audit mode.
You can download it from Microsoft.