UPDATE: 22nd Aug 2012: Quick Restore Point Maker has been updated to v3 to work smoothly with Windows 8 and has got a new UI. It also adds an option to check if System Restore is disabled and gives the user the option to Enable it.
UPDATE 4th Sept 2010: Customizable Quick Restore Point Maker has got a new UI with some changes. A setup file is also available which adds Create System Restore Point to your right click context menu. Details below!
Quick Restore Maker
Normally, to create a system restore point, you have to, via the Control Panel, open the System Protection box and then open the System Restore utility (rstrui.exe) to create a restore point.
Quick Restore Maker allows you to create one in a single click. The restore point so generated is named as ‘QuickRestoreMaker Generated‘ point.
Simply download and extract the content on the zip file and place the program folder in your Program Files folder and the shortcut of its exe file to your Start Menu.
Now anytime you are trying out a new software or are tweaking your system, click on the icon to create a restore point first.
It has been tested on Windows 8, Windows 7 & Vista, but may work on other Windows versions too. If you wish to give feedback please visit TWCF.
For those who would like to name their own Restore Points, you may download Quick Restore Point Maker Customizable.
Differences in this version:
- Does not automatically generate Restore Point when the application is opened
- Name your Restore Point to a custom name
- Click the Create Restore Point to generate the Restore Point
- Switched the Restore Points generated from an Install to System
- Rewrote the progress function to better reflect the time it takes to create the Restore Point
- Added by request, the option to add the time to the Restore Point name
- Custom Photoshop CS5 style GUI created.
If you want to add the Create System Restore Point to your right click context menu, you may instead want to download the setup file instead.
Download: Quick Restore Point Maker Customizable Setup.
Restore Point Manager, from this developer, allows you to completely manage your Windows system restore points and customize its options. You may want to check it out!