While the taskbar, bookmarks bar, and menu buttons make the things accessible, we at times want to remove all of them and browse the web using our web browser in full-screen mode, with no menu bar, buttons or taskbar around. Usually, we feel need the full-screen view when we want distraction-free browsing.
While using the F11 key (Or Fn+F11 depending on your hardware) is the easiest way to turn your browser into full-screen mode, today in this post, we will learn about how to open and run Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer as well as Microsoft Edge in Full-Screen Mode via its UI.
Run Chrome in full-screen mode
As I said earlier that hitting the F11 key is the quickest and easiest way to browse in full-screen mode, you can also do it via Chrome settings.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Go to Zoom and select the Full-Screen mode.
- To return to normal mode, Right Click anywhere on the screen and select ‘Exit Full Screen‘ or you can use the F11 key too.
- If you want to set full-screen mode as default in Chrome browser, you have to use the “kiosk” mode.
Browse in Full-Screen Mode using Firefox
The F11 key works on Firefox too, but you can also go to the Full-Screen mode via Firefox settings.
- Click on the three vertical lines on the top right corner of your Firefox screen
- Select Full-Screen mode, and instantly all the taskbar, menu buttons, bookmarks, etc. will be removed.
- To disable the full screen, just hover your mouse over the top right corner, and you will see the menu to get back to normal mode.
- Click on Full-Screen tab again, and your screen will be in normal mode instantly.
Open Microsoft Edge in Full-Screen mode
You can use F11 or press Win+Shift+Enter to turn the browser into Full-Screen mode.
- Click on the 3-dotted Settings and more, button
- The Microsoft Edge settings button has the Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons. Next, to that, you will see the double-headed-arrow full-screen button.
Run Internet Explorer in full-screen mode
In Internet Explorer, you will see the option under Settings > File > Full screen.
Hope you find this small tip useful.