Minecraft is one game that tries to mimic the real world. It allows you to grow mushrooms, make and use Spyglass, and do a lot of other cool stuff. If you are a fan of fishing, Minecraft has something for you. In this post, we will learn everything there is to know about fishing and what can you get from fishing in Minecraft. So, if you are interested in fishing, this guide is for you.
In this guide about fishing in Minecraft, we will learn about the following things.
- Fishing Mechanism in Minecraft
- Craft fishing rod in Minecraft
- How to fish in Minecraft?
- What can you get from fishing in Minecraft?
Let us talk about them in detail.
Fishing Mechanism in Minecraft
Minecraft gave its gamers the ability to go fishing in the 1.2.0 update. You can use the fishing rod to look for fish from any water block. However, you need a lot of patience when looking for fish because you will end up with a lot of unwanted stuff and junk in the process. Well, fishing is fun for some, whereas slow for others, but you can get some pretty hefty rewards out of it.
Craft fishing rod in Minecraft
Well, fishing might sound simple to some, but one still has to get the right tools. You would need a fishing rod that needs to be crafted and a water source. So, let us first see how to craft a Fishing Rod in Minecraft.
- First of all, find sticks; for that, find a tree, and cut at least two logs, by either using an axe or punching it. You need to break the logs down into planks in the 2 x 2 crafting grid. Then, to create four sticks, vertically position two planks within the crafting grid.
- Next up, you need to acquire strings; for that, you need to kill a hostile spider by punching it or with the help of an axe, sword, or any other weapon you have. They will give you the string you need.
- Once you have that, acquire a crafting table, open your inventory, put four planks in the 2×2 crafting grid, and add the resulting crafting table to your inventory.
- Now, you need to right-click on the crafting table once it is on your world, as that will open its UI.
- Place three sticks diagonally and one string in the last cell of the middle and bottom row.
- It will create the required fishing rod.
You can move the fishing rod to the inventory and get started with fishing.
How to fish in Minecraft?
Once we have a fishing rod, let us look for a water source. The best thing about Minecraft is that you can find fish in lone water, small puddles, and big water sources such as rivers and oceans. After finding the water body, follow the below steps to catch fish.
- Put your pointer on top of the water body, and from a bit higher, throw the bobber.
- You need to ensure that you are holding the fishing rod and then right-click.
- Wait until you notice bubbles bubbling around the bobber. Once the bubbles are below the bobber, right-click to catch the fish or whatever it is that got hold of your bobber.
Do keep in mind that you may have to attempt a few times to catch a substantial amount of fish.
What can you get from Fishing in Minecraft?
Fishing is an excellent way to gain XPs in Minecraft. Although it is slow, You can gain orbs that have a value of 1 to 6 XP. However, we need to look at what you will get from fishing in Minecraft.
- Fish: Fishing will yield fish 85% of the time; no surprise. You will find Raw Cod, Raw Salmon, Putterfish, and Tropical Fish.
- Junk: There is a 10% chance that you will find junk when fishing. Don’t just throw away all the junk, as you can find something useful in there as well.
- Treasure Loot: You can find treasure loot when fishing, but for that, there are a few requirements you need to meet. To get treasure, your bobber should be 5 x 4 x 5 or bigger, the bobber should have at least two blocks of space above it, there should be two water source blocks below the fishing bobber, and the water block where the bobber is placed must have at least two water source blocks horizontally in all directions. Therefore, put the bobber in a vacant water area or a big water source with a lot of air blocks above it. Without any enchantments, there is a 5% chance that you will find treasure, and with enchantments, your chances go up to 11.3%.
What items can you get from fishing in Minecraft?
With fishing, you can not only get fish but also junk and treasures. Treasures include bows, enchanted books, fishing rods, name tags, nautilus shells, saddle, and more. If you want to increase the chance of getting treasures by using enchantments.
Can you get diamonds from fishing in Minecraft?
There is a slight chance that you will get diamond from fishing. This can be increased by using some enchantments. However, to find a diamond, you need to go down to level -57 to mine diamonds.
Also Read: Find and use Heart of the Sea in Minecraft.