Universal Viewer is an advanced file viewer with wide range of formats supported. Implemented view modes and corresponding file formats are:
– Text, Binary, Hex, Unicode: any files, of unlimited size
– RTF, UTF-8: RTF and UTF-8 encoded texts
– Image: all general graphics formats: BMP JPG GIF PNG TGA TIFF; plus all formats supported by IrfanView/XnView
– Multimedia: all formats supported by MS Windows Media Player: AVI MPG WMV MP3
– Internet: all formats supported by MS Internet Explorer: HTML PDF XML MHT
– Plugins: all formats supported by Total Commander Lister plugins
– MS Office: all file types of MS Office (if installed): DOC DOCX XLS PPT
– Converters: some types can be viewed as plain text: DOC DOCX PDF PPT ODT
It is integrated into Windows Explorer’s context menu; simply right-click a file and select the “Universal Viewer” item.
- Built-in functions of popular plugins: images, multimedia, webpages view
- Support for multiple codepages: ANSI, OEM, EBCDIC, ISO etc.
- Support for text converters for DOC, DOCX, ODT, PDF etc.
- Toolbar, status bar, other interface improvements
- Auto-reloading of file on changing, “Follow tail” option
- Displaying of line numbers
- Displaying of non-printable characters
- Combined Unicode/Hex mode (call Unicode mode twice)
- Modern RegEx search library
- NavPanel add-on to add Explorer interface