We have already had a look at some free online password managers, as well as some free password manager software, including PassBox, earlier. Today, I would like to introduce you to Trend Micro Password Manager – from the makers of Trend Micro Go Everywhere & Trend Micro Safe Guard- which works on Windows PCs, Macs, iOS and Android mobile devices, and you can use it on as many of these devices as you want and use it across multiple devices. It is available as a desktop software as well as a Windows Store app.
Trend Micro Password Manager for PC
Trend Micro Password Manager earlier called Trend Micro DirectPass is a convenient and secure way to save your passwords and log in to websites which require credentials. The main feature of this password manager is that it encrypts your keystrokes and passwords and thus protects everything you type from being read by cybercriminals. It will help you gain easy access to all your online accounts by allowing you to manage your online credentials with in-the-cloud synchronization across multiple devices.
Once you have downloaded DirectPass, you will be required to create an account at Trend Micro. Only then will you be able to proceed with the installation and use.
Now whenever you visit any website that requires a login, DirectPass will ask you if you would like to save the credentials, so that the next time onwards you need to remember and enter only your master password to fill in the credentials box.
- One-Click Log In. Works with your browser for quick and easy access
- Keystroke Encryption. Protects everything you type from being read by cybercriminals
- Cloud Sync. Backs up and syncs all your DirectPass data wherever you are
- Password Safety. Easily see and change weak passwords
- Smart Security. Locks your passwords when you step away from your computer
- Secure Browser. Keeps you safe with enhanced security features when you bank online
- Web-Based Password Management. Makes managing your passwords from any location quick and easy
- Secure Notes. Stores important or frequently accessed information in a safe, convenient location
- Password Strength Meter. Identifies any of your weak passwords.
The free version allows saving of only 5 logins, hence we say, use it only for sensitive logins, like banks, investments, financial, credit card, etc only. If you need to store more, you will have to buy its full version.
If you want the desktop version of this software, visit its download page on TrendMicro. It will run on all versions of Windows.
Does Trend Micro have a password manager?
Yes, Trend Micro has a password manager that you can download and use on Windows 11 as well as Windows 10. Not only Windows, but you can also use the same password manager on other platforms as well. However, you may need to purchase a paid subscription in order to lift all the restrictions. The free version allows users to manage up to five passwords only.
How do I download Trend Micro Password Manager?
To download Trend Micro Password Manager on Windows, you can head to the official website. The address of the official website is pwm.trendmicro.com. From here, you can download the password manager for free for your Windows PC.