I have seen a lot of questions in several forums regarding the same problem. All of a sudden you’ll find a Mysterious Q drive under your “Computer” when you click on it will give you “Access Denied” error message. This happens after installing Microsoft Office using the Click-to-run method.
What is Click-to-Run?
Click-to-Run is a new software delivery mechanism built by the Office product team. It’s based on core virtualization and streaming technologies from the Microsoft App-V team in Cambridge, MA. Click-to-Run is optimized for home users on broadband connections. Click-to-Run products also take up about half the disk space of normal products, they repair more completely, and they won’t break other software installed on the PC because they have private copies of all of their files and registration.
Click-to-Run is not a new Office “product”, it’s a new way of delivering and updating the products with which you are already familiar. Click-to-Run delivery is available for both the Office Home and Student, and Office Home and Business products.
Find if the Office is installed using Click-to-Run method
In Office, click on File Menu and Click on Help there you’ll find if Office is installed in that Method.
Uninstall Office Click-to-Run products
1. In Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
2. Click Microsoft Office Home and Business, Microsoft Office Home and Student, or Microsoft Office Starter.
3. For the Remove Office user settings check box, do one of the following:
- If you want to save Microsoft Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, do not select the check box.
- If you don’t want to save the Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, or if you are having a problem with settings that you want to fix, select the check box.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn how to Repair, update or uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run.