If you wish to install and deploy Surface Pro devices in your organization, then Microsoft has come up with a complete guide on how to explore, plan for, deploy, manage and support these devices. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you manage the all Surface Pro devices. Each of the step has several links that will help you with proper deployment of the devices.
Technical guide to deploy Surface Pro devices
Surface Pro 3 has the ability to replace a laptop. And the reason? It has so many features which are generally expected from a laptop. For starters, Surface Pro 3 has a 12-inch ClearType Full HD display, 4th-generation Intel Core processor and up to 8 GB of RAM. Its battery can last for nine hours while you are browsing the web.
- Explore: The process of setting up the devices begins with exploring the device itself. First of all download the drivers for all of the components in Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro devices, as well as updates to the system firmware that have been released via Windows Update. You can download the firmware and driver updates from this link.
- Surface lets you select the best practice to deploy Windows on Surface Pro devices. You can download the ‘Deployement and Administration Guide’. You can explore various options for the deployment and informative links here.
- Plan: You can take help of this link to plan your deployment. There are several links included in this section that will help you in this task. You can begin by exploring the deployment concepts. Here, you can learn the Windows 8.1 deployment strategy, how to build a better desktop image, how to get started with application compatibility and what are Windows upgrade and migration considerations.
- In this section, you can also learn how to jump start and plan the Windows 8.1 deployment. Microsoft has provided a Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) which will help you in this task. Learn how to get started with the User State Migration Tool or USMT.
- Besides this, Plan section will help you in preparing the end users by providing Windows 8.1 User Readiness Toolkit.
- Deploy: This is where the actual process of deployment of the Surface Pro devices is explained. There are several links where you can download various deployment tools. This section also has step-by-step deployment guidance. Look for the Surface Pro 3 deployment considerations. If you are going to deploy Surface Pro and Surface Pro 3 devices, then this section also has the quick start guide which you can use. Explore the deployment process here.
- Manage: Get a complete guide on how to manage the devices after they are deployed. There are separate links for managing Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3 devices.
- Support: Finally, explore this link to get support after the deployment. You can search the Microsoft knowledge base or even contact the surface support at this stage. Some of the calls to submit an incidence may be chargeable.
Hope you find this post useful.