Microsoft announced Surface Book on Tuesday, along with Surface Pro 4. There are several factors which make Microsoft Surface Book, the best laptop of its generation. According to Microsoft, Surface Book is the fastest laptop ever created that weighs slightly over 3 pounds and has a 13-inch screen. The software giant claims that Surface Book is two times faster than Apple’s MacBook Pro – and will change the way laptops will be made in future.
But that’s not the only thing you want to know. Here is a write up that will tell you everything that you wanted to know about the Microsoft Surface Book, which includes pricing, availability, specifications and features. Read on.
Microsoft Surface Book features
Take a look at the specs of this cool laptop which can also be detached and used as a Tablet.
- The Microsoft Surface Book is made of a single piece of magnesium. That’s why, it looks stunning. It is available in silver color. Besides, it also has physical buttons for power and volume. This together, makes the Surface Book a complete package.
- One of the best features of the laptop is its dynamic fulcrum hinge. The hinge makes it flexible enough to use it anyways.
- The display has a muscle wire lock so you can remove it entirely and use it as a tablet.
- You can even flip the display around to draw on it like a clipboard.
- The trackpad is made with precision glass that can support five-point multitouch.
- Surface Book is powered by Intel’s sixth-generation Core i7 chip and an incredibly fast graphics card from NVIDIA. It also comes with up to 16GB of RAM and 1 terabyte of storage space.
- It has a backlit, ergonomic keyboard.
- It comes with two USB ports and a full-size SD card.
- The Surface Book offers 12 hours of battery life.
Specifications of Microsoft Surface Book
Microsoft has released its specifications on the Microsoft Store.
|Software||Windows 10 Pro • Office 30-day trial|
|Exterior||Casing: Magnesium • Color: Silver • Physical buttons: Volume, Power|
|Dimensions||Laptop: 9.14 x 12.30 x 0.51- 0.90 in (232.1 x 312.3 x 13 -22.8 mm)
Clipboard: 8.67 x 12.30 x 0.30 in (220.2 x 312.3 x 7.7 mm)
|Weight||3.48 pounds (1576 grams)|
|Storage||Solid state drive (SSD) options: 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB|
|Display||Screen: 13.5” PixelSense™ display • Resolution: 3000 x 2000 (267 PPI) • Aspect ratio: 3:2 • Touch: 10 point multi-touch|
|Battery Life||Up to 12 hours of video playback1|
|Processor||6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7|
|Graphics||i5: Intel HD graphics (non-GPU) • i5/i7: NVIDIA GeForce graphics (GPU)|
|Security||TPM chip for enterprise security|
|Memory||8GB or 16GB RAM|
|Wireless||802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
|Ports||Two full-size USB 3.0
Full-size SD card reader
|Cameras, video and audio||5.0 megapixel front-facing camera
8.0 megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, with 1080p HD video recording
Dual Microphones, front and rear facing
Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby audio
|Sensors||Ambient light sensor • Accelerometer • Gyroscope • Magnetometer|
|What’s in the box||Surface Book
Quick Start Guide
Safety and warranty documents
Surface Book availability and price
The most important point, the Microsoft Surface Book will be available from October 26 2015. The laptop’s price starts from $1,499. You can preorder your own Microsoft Surface Book from Microsoft Store.
Download the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 User Guides here.
Now take look at Microsoft Surface Book vs Dell XPS 12 Comparison.